TW5: How can I show tiddlers that I import on the Recent tab?

Chuck R.

Jan 13, 2020, 11:33:04 AM1/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
When I drag a tiddler from one TW5 to another one, it imports fine but does not appear on my Recent tab. How do I get those tiddlers to appear on my Recent tab on the sidebar without having to edit them?

Also, binary files like PDF and EPUB do not appear in the Recent tab when I import/drag n drop them into TW5. I'd like those to appear on the Recent tab too.

Thank you!

TonyM

Jan 13, 2020, 5:47:37 PM1/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Chuck,

I use marios bundler plugin, which has an option to capture all tiddlers imported in an import bundle. I also have a variation of the recent tab for "recent System" tiddlers that allows me to see system tiddlers modified. An issue is that imported tiddlers bring with them their modified and created dates so although you may have recently installed them they are not recent in date fields.

A simple work around is after importing you get "The following tiddlers were imported" in the $:/Import tiddler, if you edit this before it is overridden you can copy its content eg;
# [[option-tags.bundle]]
# [[$:/PSaT/option-tags]]
# [[$:/PSaT/option-tags/macros]]
# [[$:/PSaT/option-tags/ViewTemplate]]
Into a regular tiddler. This regular tiddler will be in recent and will list your recently imported tiddlers, and contain links to each.

This could of course be automated further.

Regards
Tony

Mat

Jan 14, 2020, 4:56:30 AM1/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Chuck R. wrote:
When I drag a tiddler from one TW5 to another one, it imports fine but does not appear on my Recent tab. How do I get those tiddlers to appear on my Recent tab on the sidebar without having to edit them?

See

Support the issue if you're for it and to show it is an important issue.

<:-)

TonyM

Jan 14, 2020, 7:22:50 AM1/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
I added a suggestion to that issue.

Tony

Mohammad

Jan 14, 2020, 9:46:59 AM1/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Have you tried Commander?
Exporting from commander lets you to add a custom tag! This will help you to easily
find your newly imported tiddlers (exported by Commander)!

--Mohammad