How can I insert a timestamp as "text" ?

Tony K

May 6, 2020, 1:45:21 PM5/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
Assuming I am writing a Tiddler and I would like to add to it a timestamp, if I use the <<now>> the issue is that it will be evaluated everytime the tiddler is loaded

How can I insert the current timestamp and then let it sit there and be static?

thank you

Birthe C

May 6, 2020, 4:36:57 PM5/6/20
to TiddlyWiki

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

May 6, 2020, 7:04:43 PM5/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
That would be a great feature for interstitial journaling.

Tony K

May 7, 2020, 5:37:01 AM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Might have a surprise for you

TonyM

May 7, 2020, 9:13:07 AM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
I use riz's editor toolbar button all the time for this in text or I time stamp a field if I want it retained indefinitly. For example rather than tag something with done, timestamp a done field. If the done field exists has[done] it is done, but I also know the time and date it was done, even use it in sorts.

Regards
Tony

Tony K

May 7, 2020, 12:11:49 PM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
a bad draft but it works

let me know what you think
Quick Journal Entry.json

Tony K

May 7, 2020, 12:12:35 PM5/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
i needed it in a macro so I used wikifi

if you have time take a look at my attachment in the last post

Tony K

May 11, 2020, 4:14:41 PM5/11/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Anne

In case you are still following the thread, this might interest you

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/tiddlywiki/YOawrinusJM

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

May 11, 2020, 4:41:34 PM5/11/20
to TiddlyWiki