Presenting my plugin library

Andrew Harrison

Aug 11, 2021, 1:38:57 AM8/11/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I have migrated from tiddlyspot to github. Check out my updated page of plugins at https://t5a.github.io and let me know what you think.

Get Outlook for Android

PMario

Aug 11, 2021, 3:15:04 AM8/11/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Andrew,

It's nice, but why do you use a promotion image of an image hosting service as a backdrop image?

Github lets you add your own images to gh-pages. So you should use this service instead of tickle users privacy concerns.

Whenever you load an image from a 3rd party, you also ping them, that I'm visiting your page. .. I personally don't want this and the page doesn't contain an option to opt-out. ... :/

Sorry for ranting, but that and the animated psychedelic image, was the first thing that jumped into my eyes and made the page unusable. For me it's impossible to read the text on a transparent tiddler if the background image moves left and right.

-mario

Mohammad Rahmani

Aug 11, 2021, 10:33:08 AM8/11/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

 Welcome back!
 Thank you for all those great plugins and tools!

Best wishes
Mohammad

Andrew

Aug 11, 2021, 11:23:51 AM8/11/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Mario for your candid response. You have always been insightful.  I now know what to focus on fixing. Thank you.

The Islander

Aug 12, 2021, 12:13:45 AM8/12/21
to TiddlyWiki

My goodness. That tiddlywiki5 logo. Can I steal that please? :)

ludwa6

Aug 12, 2021, 9:01:13 AM8/12/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hey @Andrew : i'm just starting to explore your new site, featuring numerous plugin resources i knew nothing about.  Nice!

Of particular interest to me right now is this "Show Fields" plugin, which promises to solve what is my wiki-weaving challenge of the day, namely:  getting a bunch of tiddlers i have created via TiddlyGoo import process to display certain fields -most importantly the image field- in body of all tiddlers that have that field.

Using your plugin, i configured control panel : settings to display contents of the "image" field in body of tiddler, which indeed it does... But not by rendering the image as prescribed in that that field's contents.  Instead, it presents a 2-column table with the word "image" in the LH column, and the RH column showing code that i want TW to render -for example:

<center>
from [[Wikipedia article on Chard|https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chard]]
</center>
More: Learn [[how to grow your own|https://www.yates.com.au/plants/vegetable/silverbeet/how-to-grow-silverbeet/]] from Yates (AU) Co.

To illustrate, i've attached two images showing (1) that two-column display described above, and (2) the way it renders if i put that code into body of tiddler manually (it is the same code in both cases).  Is there anything you can suggest to put this working right?

/walt

Chard1.jpegChard2.jpeg

Jeremy Ruston

Aug 12, 2021, 10:50:09 AM8/12/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew

It's great you're still using TiddlyWiki after all these years, and have been able to contribute too.

I like websites that reflect the individuality of the creator, being old enough to remember the golden years of geocities etc.

It's good to include screenshots when posting links, it makes the archive more useful in case links change in the future. I don't have the tools with me at the moment to capture a GIF of the animation, but would be grateful if anyone is able to do so!

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 6:38:57 AM UTC+1 Andrew wrote:
I have migrated from tiddlyspot to github. Check out my updated page of plugins at https://t5a.github.io and let me know what you think.

Get Outlook for Android

<Chard2.jpeg>
<Chard1.jpeg>

Andrew

Aug 12, 2021, 10:54:46 PM8/12/21
to TiddlyWiki
You have to carefully replace it with a bag of sand or the snakes 🐍  will get you.

Andrew

Aug 12, 2021, 10:58:02 PM8/12/21
to TiddlyWiki

Sorry ludwa6, showfields is very basic in that it displays fields like in the information tabs.

Andrew

Aug 12, 2021, 11:01:23 PM8/12/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Jeremy. I am not sure how to create a gif with my android phone but I will try.

TiddlyTweeter

Aug 14, 2021, 3:28:12 AM8/14/21
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Andrew

Side comment. It is lovely to see you have a plugin library!
I have used several of your contributions with vigor and to continuous good effect over what is now years.

It is very nice to see you replenished stuff that continues to be useful!

My very best wishes
TT