Positive Assertions In One Sentence ... (aka Saying Succinctly What TW Is About ...)

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 7, 2017, 9:42:09 AM4/7/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
One of the vital things about #TiddlyWiki is it champions the importance of the #AUTHOR.

And yours ... ?

Thomas Elmiger

Apr 8, 2017, 8:23:31 AM4/8/17
to TiddlyWiki
One of the vital things about #TiddlyWiki is …
it supports the efficient reuse of information.

Måns

Apr 8, 2017, 10:46:18 AM4/8/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi TiddlyTweeter

Great exercise :-)
I will try to express my opinion in one word, two words and a sentence:

Controllerism

Chinese boxes

Haiku for hackers

Cheers Måns Mårtensson

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 8, 2017, 1:57:30 PM4/8/17
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Måns

i think we are CRAP at marketing :-)

a few thoughts by actual users summing TW up is interesting! And maybe helpful in generating USPs too.

Best wishes
Josiah

Dave Gifford - http://www.giffmex.org/

Apr 9, 2017, 10:37:12 AM4/9/17
to TiddlyWiki
Supremely customizable information organizer.

Alex Hough

Apr 9, 2017, 1:48:37 PM4/9/17
to TiddlyWiki
digital index card box

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 10, 2017, 6:26:47 AM4/10/17
to TiddlyWiki
Over on Twitter Alex Hough also supplied this comment from Croatia ...

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 10, 2017, 7:21:08 AM4/10/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Humble "Tiddlers" are remarkable things: collected fragments from which new wholes are constructed.

And yours ... ?

Lost Admin

Apr 10, 2017, 1:42:15 PM4/10/17
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyWiki faster than SharePoint.

Zyb

Apr 10, 2017, 5:10:13 PM4/10/17
to TiddlyWiki
A couple of one-liners I’ve extracted from a mail of praise I wrote to Jeremy some years ago; and some additions. ;)

<<<
As a writer, TiddlyWiki makes me more productive and more expressive: I use it to take notes, to draft, to structure, to polish.

As a teacher, TiddlyWiki makes me more organised and more creative: I use it to collect material, to design seminars and prepare sessions.

As a researcher, TiddlyWiki makes me faster and more innovative: I use it to collect ideas and literature, to collate and analyse data, to brainstorm and refine my insights, to draft presentations and publications.

TiddlyWiki stores my thoughts in one place, easily accessible and quickly editable with a minimum amount of clicks.

TiddlyWiki provides speed and flexibility in cross-referencing, sorting, searching, finding – simply using – all my notes.

TiddlyWiki is slick and responsive: It follows my line of thinking, it takes shape at my fingertips, it empowers my thought processes instead of slowing them down.
<<<

All best,
Tyll

Thomas Elmiger

Apr 11, 2017, 1:45:27 AM4/11/17
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyWiki: Hack your knowledge – share your hacks.

@TiddlyTweeter

May 5, 2017, 11:54:06 AM5/5/17
to TiddlyWiki
#TiddlyWiki is a Luddite's idea of what software should be.

Mat

May 5, 2017, 12:41:12 PM5/5/17
to TiddlyWiki
Better a tiddler in a wiki
than a toddler in a wookiee

There. If that ain't a strong selling point for TW, I don't know what is.

<:-)

codacoder...@outlook.com

May 5, 2017, 1:16:45 PM5/5/17
to TiddlyWiki
Me: It's software.

Person: Software? That's not saying much.

Me: Listen to the stress - SOFTware. It's authored by someone that hasn't lost sight of the meaning of "soft".

Person: [Eyebrows slowly raising] You... you mean...

Me: [Smiling] Yep. Try it.

Way, WAY too much software is like hardware these days.

Matthew Lauber

May 5, 2017, 2:08:16 PM5/5/17
to TiddlyWiki
Tiddlywiki is what happens when you cross the formulas of a excel document with the paragraphs of a word document.  Add, subtract, combine and conditional show individual sentences and paragraphs.

Matt

@TiddlyTweeter

May 27, 2017, 12:19:59 PM5/27/17
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyWiki is an innovative Transclusion Machine.

@TiddlyTweeter asked about ...
Positive Assertions Of What TW Is In One Sentence ...

Eneko Gotzon

May 27, 2017, 1:08:07 PM5/27/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 6:19 PM, @TiddlyTweeter <tiddly...@assays.tv> wrote:
TiddlyWiki is an innovative Transclusion Machine.

​And transclusion is wonderful!

--
Eneko Gotzon Ares
eneko...@gmail.com

Alex Hough

May 29, 2017, 5:19:47 AM5/29/17
to TiddlyWiki
"Sometimes I feel that @tiddlywiki is my loom for these times."

Lost Admin

May 29, 2017, 9:55:14 AM5/29/17
to TiddlyWiki
Some of these are getting too esoteric for me. I want to get back to basics.

"Tiddlywiki is Javascript, HTML, and CSS all in one file."

I think that pretty much sums it up.

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 2, 2017, 12:47:16 PM6/2/17
to TiddlyWiki
From twitter ...

You know what is still amazing. Tiddlywiki.

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 3, 2017, 2:03:19 PM6/3/17
to TiddlyWiki
#TiddlyWiki is superb at re-factoring information.

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 3, 2017, 2:55:34 PM6/3/17
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy Ruston (June 2017) ...

... TWC still working for people after 12 years is a pretty good advertisement for it.

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 21, 2017, 2:16:33 PM6/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
#TiddlyWiki is one of a kind.

@TiddlyTweeter

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 24, 2017, 12:33:00 PM6/24/17
to TiddlyWiki
Points made by @virtadpt at http://drwho.virtadpt.net/entries/technomancer-tools-tiddlywiki
  • Keep a journal.
  • Keep notes for a big project you're working on, like a thesis.
  • Keep notes for a book you're writing (or write your book in it).
  • Keep track of all the API keys you use (I'm up to 320 these days).
  • Write a nonlinear story.
  • Write a game for people to play.
  • Keep track of the health and dietary requirements of your friends and family (literally a lifesaver in some cases).

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 14, 2017, 10:51:35 AM7/14/17
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyWiki is a really good instrument for writers.

Jeremy Ruston

Jul 14, 2017, 11:20:54 AM7/14/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Josiah, the word "instrument" is pretty good!

Thanks

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Ruston

On 14 Jul 2017, at 15:51, @TiddlyTweeter <tiddly...@assays.tv> wrote:

TiddlyWiki is a really good instrument for writers.

TonyM

Jul 15, 2017, 4:24:41 AM7/15/17
to TiddlyWiki
I love a Word quizz,

Here are the first things that came to mind for me, inspired by others as well

!!TiddlyWiki is...
  • A platform within a file
  • An ecosystem for people and information to thrive in
  • An environment in which your ideas evolve
  • A --picture-- tiddlywiki paints a million words
  • TiddlyWiki is a website, an application, a database, a tool, a document, a library, a way of thinking - all in a single file, or distributed in a cloud.
  • TiddlyWiki is the software craft material favored by life hackers
  • If other software was so soft as a tiddlywiki
  • Forget agile, tiddlywiki is a contortionist
  • Tiddlywiki is what hypertext was meant to be
  • self referential, recursive, modular, non-hierarchical, hierarchical, random
  • Transmutable, metamorphosis, poly-conceptual leaps
  • Software that lifts up by its bootstraps

Eneko Gotzon

Jul 15, 2017, 7:23:44 AM7/15/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 10:24 AM, TonyM <anthony...@gmail.com> wrote:
Tiddlywiki is what hypertext was meant to be…

​That sounds great!

Thank you!

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 14, 2017, 8:54:02 AM8/14/17
to TiddlyWiki
#TiddlyWiki will trick you into thinking you are looking at a web PAGE when you are seeing only PART of a FILE.

ONE FILE can deliver a SITE.

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 14, 2017, 9:42:14 AM8/14/17
to TiddlyWiki
#TiddlyWiki is a very unusual animal.

Thomas Elmiger

Aug 14, 2017, 11:10:08 AM8/14/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
TiddlyWiki, it's open nature makes it resemble "Plasticine" that can be shaped into anything we want.

passingby

Aug 16, 2017, 4:56:51 PM8/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
TW is like an old flame; always has a certain kind of hold on the heart ;-)

Arlen Beiler

Aug 16, 2017, 4:58:47 PM8/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyWiki is an artist's easel.

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 21, 2017, 8:09:44 AM8/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
What #TiddlyWiki can DO is nearly as rich a mix as the all the possible apps that #JavaScript could support.

@TiddlyTweeter

Aug 22, 2017, 5:27:00 AM8/22/17
to TiddlyWiki
Being a #quine, #TiddlyWiki re-instances itself in its own (re-)making of itself.

@TiddlyTweeter

Sep 1, 2017, 3:09:02 PM9/1/17
to TiddlyWiki
You can conceivably implement anything you want in @TiddlyWiki. Possibilities are endless.

--#Twitter message by @ABSamma

@TiddlyTweeter

Oct 16, 2017, 3:01:35 PM10/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
#TiddlyWiki is a strange catty animal that is hard to pin down--though quite easy to use at first, but full of surprises.

@TiddlyTweeter

Oct 21, 2017, 6:06:37 AM10/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
Most software is "self-reflexive" to a point: #TiddlyWiki is radically reflexive, being able to change its own code to change itself.

@TiddlyTweeter

Oct 21, 2017, 6:28:53 AM10/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
#TiddlyWiki is a challenge in CRAFT MASTERING to be able to access the freedom it gives to do most anything any web thing can do.

@TiddlyTweeter

Oct 21, 2017, 6:56:42 AM10/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
There is no reason TW should be second fiddle to expensive apps.

(IMO, we could do with a few more AGGRESSIVE programmers. I'm thinking of the really high cost of, for instance, screenplay writing software that seems nuts given how simple it is.)

@TiddlyTweeter

Oct 25, 2017, 11:35:40 AM10/25/17
to TiddlyWiki

@TiddlyTweeter

Nov 24, 2017, 7:49:04 AM11/24/17
to TiddlyWiki
If Crusoe had known about @TiddlyWiki Crusoe would have used it to help organise Crusoe's Island. Crusoe would have renamed it #TiddlyCrusoe.

@TiddlyTweeter

Nov 24, 2017, 7:59:15 AM11/24/17
to TiddlyWiki
... a virtual DOM, transclusion, filtering, listing, templates, macros, CSS generation with live-updating, simple wiki markup, standards compliant HTML output … #endlesspossibilities #TiddlyWiki @TiddlyWiki

-- @telmiger

@TiddlyTweeter

Nov 27, 2017, 10:33:36 AM11/27/17
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyWiki is resilient and its architecture ensures it will survive when the going gets rough.

That is important to grasp.

Eneko Gotzon

Nov 27, 2017, 10:39:42 AM11/27/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 4:33 PM, @TiddlyTweeter <tiddly...@assays.tv> wrote:
TW is resilient
​,
 its architecture ensures it will survive when the going gets rough.

​Yeah!​

--
Eneko Gotzon Ares
Izan, egon, egin

@TiddlyTweeter

Dec 11, 2017, 8:12:03 AM12/11/17
to TiddlyWiki
The Opposable Thumb of software.

@TiddlyTweeter

Dec 21, 2017, 12:20:53 PM12/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
The thing I love about @TiddlyWiki is that I can be working on a complicated body of notes and constantly introducing automation into my process of note-taking and organization.

-- @EvanBalster

Birthe C

Dec 21, 2017, 1:05:29 PM12/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
I like that after it gets the work done, it is the toy I always want to play with.

Birthe

BurningTreeC

Dec 21, 2017, 4:40:56 PM12/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyWiki is the answer to the question "is there a program that can do A) but that also lets you do B) and maybe C) and A) and B) at the same time?"

(although we know the real answer is 42)

@TiddlyTweeter

Jan 15, 2018, 4:47:43 PM1/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
"It solves the personal knowledge base problem better than anything else I have tried." --

@kepano

@TiddlyTweeter

Feb 14, 2018, 12:46:27 PM2/14/18
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyWiki, once you got into it, is addictive. Why learn 5 systems when 1 will do it all?

@TiddlyTweeter

Feb 21, 2018, 8:53:18 AM2/21/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
#TiddlyWiki remakes itself on every save + refresh.

@TiddlyTweeter

Feb 21, 2018, 3:04:49 PM2/21/18
to TiddlyWiki
"... writing articles using transclusion is an eye opener -- it changes how I think." -- @joeerl on Twitter

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 1, 2018, 6:35:01 AM3/1/18
to TiddlyWiki
"TiddlyWiki is the Don Dapper of pre-production design tools." --  @MinskWorks  on Twitter

TonyM

Mar 1, 2018, 6:44:26 AM3/1/18
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyWiki is to computing, as atoms are to chemistry.

Starting with TiddlyWiki and the technologies at its core you can build almost anything, for yourself or others.

Given TiddlyWiki's place in the exosystem of universal clients (Browsers) and on General purpose computers it can represent anything in the unierse you can represent with algorithims, data and media.

TiddlyWiki 4 Me
TiddlyWiki beyond the limits of the sky
My Obsession

Regards'Tony