What happens on the wiki that furnishes the imported tiddlers whe you grab and drag them over?

Jan

Nov 2, 2019, 2:02:12 PM11/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hello community.
I built a mechanism to upload tiddlers to a folder on a server...and now
i would like to import them.
I am wondering how the importmechanism works and whether the mechanism
on the side of the wiki that furnishes the tiddlers could be simulated
with a php.
What exactly does a wiki do when you drag them?

Cheers Jan

TonyM

Nov 2, 2019, 8:01:57 PM11/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Jan

I am not so sure what you are asking for here. But some questions that may help others answer. Where are you now importing the tiddlers to, the server in who's folders you just placed them?

I would love to see more php integration options but I am curious what you want in the sidebar. Personaly I can achieve most things with wiki text and would be happy to help with a little more details from you.

Regards
Tony

Jan

Nov 3, 2019, 5:44:26 PM11/3/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony,
I would like to have an Iframe in the sidebar which showing the TIddlers
which can be posted as Tid-Files by students.
At the moment i have to download the tid-files and then drag them into
the wiki. I would like to eliminate that step and direktly drag them
into the wiki from the Iframe.
If I create normal links of the files in the folder, the
import-mechanism only creates untitled Tiddles showing these urls as
text when I drag the tiddlers over to my wiki.
So I asked myself whether I could generate a website with links which
have the text of tidfile or some json as ahref instead of the url.
Could something like that work or is this completely stupid.

Ahoi.

TonyM

Nov 3, 2019, 7:14:45 PM11/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Jan,

Some tips, if not a direct answer.

  1. If you can open the students wiki in an iFrame you can drag and drop tiddlers or tag pills from their wiki into the parent wiki, and visa versa. This gets rid of the intermediate step to write to a seperate file.
  2. If however you want to drag from a "file list" it needs to be something like windows explorer, use explorer to open the students folder of tid files and drag and drop them.
  3. If you need to deal with duplicate tiddler titles you may need to add some additional features to the import process, say to add student name as a prefix.
  4. Files listed in the browser with TiddlyServer or file:/// only drag and drop as links to the file (into untitled tiddlers), however you can r-click copy link location (FireFox) and use it in the next tip (5)
  5. If in your parent wiki you go Import then rather than select a file you past a link to a tiddler (file or URL) it will import that tiddler.
Regards
Tony

Jan

Nov 4, 2019, 11:34:13 AM11/4/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony,
1. There is no studentwiki. The students open my wiki and upload from there.
2. the tid-files are sent to folder uploads my server ... I could download them to open them in the explorer...but I want to skip that step.
3. I already automated this step. The Username is automatically added to the title by the upload-php.
4. So far my provider does not procure node.js...so there's no tiddlyserver. (But I am impressed how this project grew meanwhile... congratulations Arlen)

So i am still seeking the answer.
-( ͡°? ͜ ͡°) Jan

Jan

Nov 6, 2019, 10:52:14 AM11/6/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,
I made a quick test and put the content of a tid-file into a link.
The text really is imported ... the problem is that the content is
converted into html-encoding.
How does Tiddlywiki avoid this. What does the link dragged over from a
TW look like?

Jan