[TW5] Can we sort columns in a table by clicking on the header?

Chuck R.

Apr 19, 2016, 1:23:28 PM4/19/16
to TiddlyWiki
Possible new feature request: can we sort columns in a table by clicking on the header of the column?

I was just brainstorming.

Some websites already do this but I'm not sure how they do it, perhaps with Javascript.

Mat

Apr 19, 2016, 1:38:43 PM4/19/16
to TiddlyWiki
Try a search here for "sortable table". I got quite a few results but haven't read any.

<:-)

Birthe C

Apr 19, 2016, 4:09:33 PM4/19/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Chuck R,

Did you see Jed Carty's DynamicTables

Birthe

prog...@assays.tv

Apr 20, 2016, 10:39:43 AM4/20/16
to TiddlyWiki
Sites do it via javascript. The smarter scripts allow double clicking so that on first click its a-z and on second click z-a.

I believe at least simple one-directional table heading clickable sorting has been done for TW5. Someone gave you one link.