[TW5] gathering a list of Tiddler deserializers

BurningTreeC

Feb 2, 2018, 4:04:35 AM2/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello everyone,

in this thread @Furicle and @Jeremy Ruston discuss how to import a specific file type to TW using a deserializer

Now I'd like to create a list of deserializers so that if one needs to import a special file type he can look up if someone already made such a thing

We could also try to make some for frequently used file types

I'll look into it to understand how to make them, then I'll post infos here.
Maybe we can gather all important information in one place?

What do you think?

cheers, Simon

TonyM

Feb 2, 2018, 5:14:36 AM2/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
Sounds like a great idea.

Can we create a list of potential sources?

Only email or system logs comes to mind right now but other sources come to mind when you need them.

Windows explorer file lists eg select and copy, html tables ?

Tony

@TiddlyTweeter

Feb 2, 2018, 8:01:49 AM2/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Simon

Maybe we can gather all important information in one place?

Right. Makes sense. Maybe on GitHub? Not sure if special account or part of TW?

GitHub is the only place I know that where lots of TW devs hang-out and cross-connect.

Best wishes
Josiah

BurningTreeC

Feb 2, 2018, 8:07:37 AM2/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
@TonyM, @TiddlyTweeter,

let's take a look around when we have time to gather some resources and bring something together,

we could make a dynalist like @David Gifford did, or make something on GitHub, like Josiah proposes

I suggest we could think about that later and first try to gather some content

Simon

BurningTreeC

Feb 2, 2018, 11:23:23 AM2/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
on tiddlywiki.com there's the standard tiddlywiki deserializer tiddler which contains some deserializers, one for json, one for html, one for old-style-tiddlers (I guess tw classic?) and one for .tid files
https://tiddlywiki.com/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fmodules%2Fdeserializers.js

then there's the evernote import plugin with a deserializer for evernote files with the application/enex+xml mimetype:

Mark S.

Feb 2, 2018, 12:21:01 PM2/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
To expand on that thought -- not just for serializers.

Someone -- anyone -- could clone the main TW and then have it work as an open-invitation incubator for rapid application development. People could add new branches which would be quickly pulled (though not merged) without quality control. Known individuals from the group could be given the permissions to add branches at any time (I'm assuming those permissions are in there, but haven't checked). The main rule, obviously, is no Spam. Contributors could make branches on top of existing branches so if person A makes some documentation, person B could "improve" it by building a branch on top. Then everyone could compare in real-time. If you wanted to refer someone to a new plugin you've developed, you could just point to a branch on the site. Branches that seem to be complete could possibly be PR-ed back into Jeremy's original TW site.

Maybe.

-- Mark

BurningTreeC

Feb 2, 2018, 12:31:04 PM2/2/18
to TiddlyWiki
@Mark S.

sounds good, do you have ideas for how to realize that?

Simon
Message has been deleted

BurningTreeC

Feb 2, 2018, 12:42:30 PM2/2/18
to TiddlyWiki

Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018 18:42:11 UTC+1 schrieb BurningTreeC:

Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018 18:31:04 UTC+1 schrieb BurningTreeC:
@Mark S.

sounds good, do you have ideas for how to realize that?

Could beaker browser be used for this?

Simon