[New Plugin] Plugin Size: Compare the Weight of Plugins

Thomas Elmiger

Jan 27, 2019, 6:01:52 PM1/27/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hello plugin users,

My new plugin Plugin Sizes calculates the size (characters) of all installed plugins, including themes and languages.

Categories (character count, illustrated using Harvey Balls)

  • more than 500 k
  • up to 500 k
  • up to 100 k
  • up to 50 k
  • up to 25 k

Dependencies

This is done using the following other plugins:

Information

The size of installed plugins can be found on

All the best,
Thomas

Dave Gifford - http://www.giffmex.org/

Jan 27, 2019, 8:15:37 PM1/27/19
to TiddlyWiki
Great! Added this to the toolmap under Developer / advanced tools.

Mohammad

Jan 27, 2019, 11:40:33 PM1/27/19
to TiddlyWiki
Many thanks Thomas!
Really useful plugin! Specially when your wiki gets heavy!!
This help to see how we can cleanup by removing not required plugins!

--Mohammad

TonyM

Jan 28, 2019, 1:56:42 AM1/28/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hay, very nice.

Suggestion: Consider removing from info, as it does not relate to the existing tiddler, and that's where the info panel is located.

Unless it only appears in info on Plugins?

Control panel implies wiki wide.

Regards
Tony

Thomas Elmiger

Jan 28, 2019, 6:08:26 PM1/28/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Tony,

The info including plugin sizes from my tiddler $:/core/ui/InfoPanel/Plugins does not show up in the tiddler info – but you are right: The title is misleading and I should find another namespace and probably call this Explorer instead of InfoPanel as you suggested on Github. I like the term explorer or maybe WikiExplorer ... thanks!

Cheers,
Thomas

Petruschka

May 2, 2020, 4:13:42 AM5/2/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello Thomas!

Unfortunately it seems to not work with mine TW5 atm.
plain text:
<$reveal type="lt" text="500001" default=Undefined widget 'editor-counter'> <$reveal type="gt" text="100000" default=Undefined widget 'editor-counter'> </$reveal> <$reveal type="lt" text="100001" default=Undefined widget 'editor-counter'> <$reveal type="gt" text="50000" default=Undefined widget 'editor-counter'> </$reveal> <$reveal type="lt" text="50001" default=Undefined widget 'editor-counter'> <$reveal type="gt" text="25000" default=Undefined widget 'editor-counter'> </$reveal> <$reveal type="lt" text="25001" default=Undefined widget 'editor-counter'> </$reveal> </$reveal> </$reveal> </$reveal> <$reveal type="gt" text="500000" default=Undefined widget 'editor-counter'> </$reveal> – plugin size: k characters (Undefined widget 'editor-counter')

Do you have a clue what happened here? Thanks in advance!

Best wishes

Birthe C

May 2, 2020, 4:50:56 AM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Petruschka,

Did you get the dependencies?

Birthe

Petruschka

May 2, 2020, 5:11:01 AM5/2/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello Birthe C

of course not. :-( I didn't imported the dependencies.

I thought I imported it all together via a tagpill. This was my fault. Sorry and thank you! It now works like intended.

PS Was it just a guess or how did you find out (for myself to learn it the next time I struggle) so fast it was a depency problem?

Birthe C

May 2, 2020, 5:16:34 AM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
From your screenshot.  undefined edit counter. I remembered that was one of the dependencies.

Birthe

lørdag den 2. maj 2020 kl. 11.11.01 UTC+2 skrev Petruschka:
Hello Birthe C

Petruschka

May 2, 2020, 5:22:15 AM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Starred. TY

Thomas Elmiger

May 3, 2020, 5:36:51 AM5/3/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Birthe, thanks a lot for supporting my plugins!

Hi Petruschka, good to read my stuff is in use :)

Have a nice Sunday,
Thomas