creating new tiddler with title of storyTiddler as tag (TW5)

Erik Homann

May 6, 2016, 5:57:32 AM5/6/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,

I would like to create a button in my tiddlers that automatically creates a new tiddler with the title of my origin-tiddler as a tag.

This is what I have so far:

<$set name="myTag" value=<<storyTiddler>>>
<$button>

<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" title="This is newly created tiddler" tag=<<myTag>> text=<<now "Today is DDth, MMM YYYY">>/>
Neue Besprechungsnotiz

</$button>
</$set>

My problem is, that the title of my storyTiddler is space separated and therefore my newly created tiddler has two tags and not one tag. I hope you can unterstand my problem and can give me a hint.
Thank you very much in advance!

Erik

Jeremy Ruston

May 6, 2016, 6:10:39 AM5/6/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erik

There’s a “New here” button under the “More” down-arrow at the top right of a tiddler that creates a new tiddler tagged with the title of the current tiddler. Does that do what you want?

To include the button elsewhere in the body of a tiddler, try this:

{{||$:/core/ui/Buttons/new-here}}

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Erik Homann

May 6, 2016, 6:19:47 AM5/6/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy

thank you so much for your quick reply. I’m sorry that I bother you with such „dumb“ questions but I just couldn’t figure it out.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.

Jeremy Ruston

May 6, 2016, 6:46:49 AM5/6/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erik

thank you so much for your quick reply. I’m sorry that I bother you with such „dumb“ questions but I just couldn’t figure it out.

No worries, there are no dumb questions here! Asking any question in public is really a service to the community as it creates an opportunity for others to learn.

As an aside, I’ve learned that the best way for a software developer to think of their users is not that they are stupid, but just that they are very busy.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

infurnoape

May 6, 2016, 9:47:35 AM5/6/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Cool. I completely missed this little jewel. Thanks.

Happy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5

stevesuny

Aug 9, 2016, 4:17:02 PM8/9/16
to TiddlyWiki
Jeremy, thanks! This is helpful code.

All, How would I add an additional tag to the tiddler created with this code:  {{||$:/core/ui/Buttons/new-here}}?

Or, more specifically, how would I do a "new here" with an additional tag of my choosing?

I've started with a macro, but it still has two buttons, and still doesn't pass the title of the tiddler as a tag:

\define newHereTagged($tag$)
<$set name="myTitle" value={{!!title}}>
<$button>
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" title="New Comment" tags=$tag$ />
1
</$button>
<$button>
<$action-listops $tiddler="New Comment" $field="tags" $subfilter=<<myTitle>>/>
2
</$button>
</$set>
\end