Seeking Wiki-Lifeloggers

h0p3

Jun 25, 2018, 8:56:58 PM6/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello! I'm trying to find people engaged in self-reflective, introspective lifelogging through personal wikis. I'd like to get to know you, understand your contemplative methodology, and attempt to learn from you about how to wisely use this amazing wiki tool.

This is my personal wiki: https://philosopher.life/. Desktop highly recommended; it's about ~14mb in size.

Some of you are going to think "₩Һ𝘢ʈ ╤ћᘓ 𝔽ᵁʗꗪ" when you see my wiki. For some, my wiki may feel like Timecube or TempleOS. I apologize for wasting your time. Some of you, however, may be engaged in a similar process. I'd like to connect with you folks! You can also find my contact information on the wiki.

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 25, 2018, 9:26:13 PM6/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
WHOA! That is seriously brilliant.  I need a couple of days to survey it. Comments later. It's lovely to see an actual wiki in it's purpose.

Josiah, x

TonyM

Jun 25, 2018, 9:36:04 PM6/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
₩Һ𝘢ʈ ╤ћᘓ yes

For me, engaged in self-reflective, introspective lifelogging (not blogging) through personal wikis - Yes

Very interesting, Ditto to what TiddlyTweeter said.

Tony

Mohammad

Jun 26, 2018, 12:58:41 AM6/26/18
to TiddlyWiki
Great wiki. I enjoyed the way you used for tiddlers with lengthy text and how the tiddler toolbar sticks at the top when you browse to bottom.
/Mohammad

TJ Walker

Jun 26, 2018, 3:23:23 AM6/26/18
to TiddlyWiki
I've a great appreciation for what you're creating there. In a mere few minutes, I was entertained and inspired by your wiki. I think it to be an exceptional demonstration of what's possible with TW. And, your writing, itself, is a joy to explore, I think. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to poring over the content of your wiki and studying how you leverage it technically; I will share more feedback as I do so.

Hubert

Jun 26, 2018, 5:45:10 AM6/26/18
to TiddlyWiki
Great wiki! I really like the idea behind it and the design.

May I ask, where could I find your Zing font?

JD

Jun 26, 2018, 7:04:09 AM6/26/18
to TiddlyWiki
Whoa man that got me high! It felt like I peeped at the thoughts of an artist of the mind xD

h0p3

Jun 26, 2018, 10:41:40 AM6/26/18
to TiddlyWiki
@ Josiah

I'm glad you like it. I'm always looking to improve it. I will think carefully about your comments.

@ TonyM

It is funny to me that many people this it is simply a blog. There are definitely blogs contained in it, but there are other structures in the wiki which aren't blog-like at all, imho. I'd like to think I'm uploading my mind into my wiki. It can be difficult to communicate what a wiki really is.

@ Mohammad

Yes, sometimes I need to write a wall-of-text. I've made a couple choices which help me deal with massive amounts of text. The tiddler toolbar feature is quite ergonomic for me. I couldn't imagine going back to using the wiki without it.

@ TJ Walker

Thank you. I would be extremely interested in feedback on how to improve its structure and function (from technical and semantic perspectives). I still feel like a noob trying to pilot this wiki.

@ Hubert

I strongly prefer monospace, and there are tiny things which make it both readable and compact for me. I often have 20,000 words of tiddlers open on my screen at a time (I have to use several scrolling techniques to navigate these workspaces). The font is part of what makes it actually workable for me. Also, it fits the motif.

@ JD

Ha! Thank you. I would like to be the artist of my mind.

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 26, 2018, 11:33:07 AM6/26/18
to TiddlyWiki
h0p3 wrote:
I would be extremely interested in feedback on how to improve its structure and function (from technical and semantic perspectives). I still feel like a noob trying to pilot this wiki.

Noted.

Side note: TW is very interesting in that semantic "heft" can play a big part in motivation towards function change (i.e. differentiation and "evolution" of the tech functions in service of semantic drive) in the wiki. Usually software doesn't have the adaptive flex needed for that, nor the conceptual framework for think/feel it through.

Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Jun 26, 2018, 1:18:39 PM6/26/18
to TiddlyWiki
h0p3

I read quite a lot of it. Its interesting. Particularly the themes and style of composition.

It comes over, philosophically, as an "assay in teleology."

Its very concerned with meaning, but also legacy--lessons learnt, rules derived that a Putative Junior Should Benefit From.

In that regard it brought strongly to mind the great Russian film "Palms" (Ladoni) by Artour Aristakysian that is a meditation by a father about his unborn child using extraordinary footage of ordinary & disabled people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D3tSwHMQa0 (The English subtitled version is gone, only Spanish, sorry).

The point being:  they share an emergent single, recursively, pursued thread backgrounded against the viscus nature of the "normal".

If one were cynical you could see it purely as a writing exercise about inhabiting a persona that adumbrates a system that is "right". But its cleverer than that. Its almost a human writing it about a reality.

I might have further comments on the relation of the message to the medium.

Josiah

Ste Wilson

Jun 27, 2018, 4:15:20 AM6/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
Two minute takeaway.... Oohhhh.. Shiny box outs for references/ footnotes!

Looks like an impressive work'

h0p3

Jul 6, 2018, 11:22:08 PM7/6/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
@ Josiah

Edited: cleaned up link.

I'm currently troubleshooting a non-trivial connection problem to my own webserver. It is possible that my webserver is at fault, but I'm fairly convinced it my ISP. If you cannot reach it (it's ~5MB compressed, so it's slow to load), please let me know.

I'm also sending you this message by e-mail, if you prefer to speak that way (or by any contact method of your choice).

@ Ste Wilson

Thank you. I hope to continue improving it.