Open/Unfold tiddler within another tiddler

Michael Wu

Nov 22, 2018, 10:13:48 PM11/22/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I'm new to TiddlyWiki. Was wondering if it is possible to open/unfold a tiddler within another tiddler?

I'm trying to split the content of a major tiddler into multiple pages/tiddlers as sub-topics. However, for ease of navigating, I'd like to open up the sub-topic links in the main page without moving off to a different tab.

Cheers

Ton Gerner

Nov 23, 2018, 12:39:11 AM11/23/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Michael,

You can do that with the reveal widget, see https://tiddlywiki.com/#RevealWidget : 'Accordion or Slider'.

For ease of use you can create a slider macro. Create a tiddler e.g. $:/_slider-macro (tag it with $:/tags/Macro) which contains:

\define slider(label,tiddler)
<$button popup="$:/state/$tiddler$" class="tc-btn-invisible"><$text text="$label$ »"/></$button>
<$reveal type="nomatch" text="" default="" state="$:/state/$tiddler$" animate="yes">

{{$tiddler$}}

</$reveal>
\end

You can then use the macro as: