Thirty plus years on a mac and I can't save tiddlyWiki's for the life of me. Help.

155 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Eric Truelson

da leggere,
10 feb 2021, 06:13:5410/02/21
a TiddlyWiki
Hi. Found TW, and was excited. After an entire night trying to get it to save, I'm at a loss.

I've tried most options I see available. Nothing worked with browser plug ins, so I tried installing Tiddly Desktop on Macbook pro Catalina. It unzips as a package contents folder.

I am not a programmer, but do I have to paste that run.sh file into terminal or something?

No info on this in the videos, or getting started page, or anywhere I can find.

If I sound frustrated, sorry. I'm completely puzzled that installing a basic, open source outliner in 2021, could be so complex. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Version 0.0.14 on a 64bit macbook pro with Catalina. I have all the parts, but I don't have a program. :-(

Thanks in advance. Eric.

Jeremy Ruston

da leggere,
10 feb 2021, 06:22:0110/02/21
a tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric

TiddlyDesktop should be a good choice for hassle-free saving of TiddlyWikis.

It sounds like you've downloaded the source code of TiddlyDesktop, whereas you actually need to download the compiled release from here:

The macOS version unzips to an ordinary application that you can drag to your /Applications folder in the normal way. Because it's unsigned, the first time you run it you'll have to right click on the icon and choose "Open", rather than double clicking the icon.

Best wishes

Jeremy

On 10 Feb 2021, at 11:13, Eric Truelson <etru...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi. Found TW, and was excited. After an entire night trying to get it to save, I'm at a loss.

Eric T.

da leggere,
19 feb 2021, 14:16:5819/02/21
a tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

Eric
Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra