Splash screen "breaks" decrypt prompt for wiki

HC Haase

Oct 2, 2019, 6:00:55 AM10/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi

I was experimenting with a splash screen, and copied the splash screen from tiddlywiki.com, it worked but not pretty. I removed the code for the image and then the login prompt for my wiki changed. the square is gone and everything is moved to the left. luckily the decrypting process works fine.

B ut strangely this persist even after I have deleted the splashscreen. the decrypting work, but it is a bit worrying that things is still changed.

Any ideas why?

and do anyone know if there is any guides to style the decrypt prompt / login? Though not important, I don't find it pretty.

TonyM

Oct 2, 2019, 5:25:12 PM10/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Perhaps you have a raw markup or startup tag on a tiddler?

These place content in the html files
<head>
section.

Untag save and reload should fix it?

Hubert

Oct 3, 2019, 7:49:55 AM10/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi HC,

Though I'm unable to help with the splash screen / decryption prompt conflict (actually, I would like to learn about a fix myself), I've attached the styled custom encryption prompt that I'm currently using. If you import it into your wiki you can customise it to your liking.

Remember to back up your wiki first!

Enjoy!

Best regards,
Hubert
EncryptionPrompt.json

Jeremy Ruston

Oct 3, 2019, 4:49:55 PM10/3/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi HC
I was experimenting with a splash screen, and copied the splash screen from tiddlywiki.com, it worked but not pretty. I removed the code for the image and then the login prompt for my wiki changed. the square is gone and everything is moved to the left. luckily the decrypting process works fine.

What were the steps you took to remove the splash screen?

The screenshot makes it look as though the boot CSS styles are missing. These are embedded directly in the TiddlyWiki HTML file, and should be available to the browser even if JS were disabled. So it looks as though those styles were somehow also accidentally removed — either by removing the $:/boot/boot.css tiddler, or by manually editing the HTML file.

Best wishes

Jeremy

B ut strangely this persist even after I have deleted the splashscreen. the decrypting work, but it is a bit worrying that things is still changed.

Any ideas why?

and do anyone know if there is any guides to style the decrypt prompt / login? Though not important, I don't find it pretty.

<Auto Generated Inline Image 1.png>

<Auto Generated Inline Image 1.png>

HC Haase

Oct 11, 2019, 2:54:45 AM10/11/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you all for your help.
I didn't edit the html file manually nor did I edit the $:/boot/boot.css tiddler.

I Could not find the reason for the error, so in the end. I rolled back to a backup and imported my tiddelers (without system tid) made since that point in time.

@Hubert
Oh that is so nice. I really like the clean dark look. thanks (and sorry but now I know that I find the standard password prompt really ugly)

HC Haase

Oct 11, 2019, 2:57:18 AM10/11/19
to TiddlyWiki
Now I am thinking; why isn't there a standard splash screen build in?
of course this is a very minor part of TW and will only flash the screen so seldom for most users, but why not? could give a bit more professional look.

HC Haase

Oct 11, 2019, 4:15:04 AM10/11/19
to TiddlyWiki
@Hubert

I try to customise it a bit. could you help me please.
How do I put an extra text below the prompt?

thanks

Hubert

Oct 11, 2019, 4:35:37 AM10/11/19
to TiddlyWiki
HC,

I'm not sure if the password wrapper allows it. I've tried it myself and failed.

Instead, you might want to try adding your text in your splash screen tiddler and perhaps positioning it using CSS (position: absolute, etc.) This might work with a lot of trial and error but it's not pretty code-wise and not recommended.

Hubert

HC Haase

Oct 11, 2019, 5:15:44 AM10/11/19
to TiddlyWiki

fredag den 11. oktober 2019 kl. 10.35.37 UTC+2 skrev Hubert:
HC,

I'm not sure if the password wrapper allows it. I've tried it myself and failed.

damn.. thanks for the answer

Instead, you might want to try adding your text in your splash screen tiddler and perhaps positioning it using CSS (position: absolute, etc.) This might work with a lot of trial and error but it's not pretty code-wise and not recommended.

Maybe I will try this later. But in principle I don't think a message that belongs with the password should be in the splash screen ( if you have super slow conection/computer it will show when the prompt is gone).

For now I just added the svg logo to the splash screen... I think it looks very nice and minimal (thanks to your prompt).