Problem with images

Rhod Evans

Jun 2, 2020, 11:27:24 AM6/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi - I've been trawling through a search for 'using images' and haven't found anything straightforward.  Perhaps I'm trying to force a square peg into a round hole?  Is there a tutorial anywhere on the use of multiple images in a tiddler?  As a landscape painter who is transitioning to TW for journaling, my journal is inevitably image heavy - often because I am recording several stages in the development of a painting for example.  But I'm finding it far from easy to achieve this in TW. I know that I can use the the 'canonical_uri' to have images referenced which are in a separate folder but unless there is some way to create a thumbnail reference image in the tiddler itself I wouldn't find this very useful.  I'm using Tiddlydesktop on a Mac and Quine2 on an iPhone; and Drift, with the wiki stored in iCloud.  I'm not a coder at all! :)

Reet Pandher

Jun 2, 2020, 11:33:19 AM6/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Rhod,
Check this guide!! I think this will help!!

Rhod Evans

Jun 2, 2020, 12:17:29 PM6/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Reet - that was helpful.  I successfully imported a photo into my wiki and then got it to display in a tiddler!  First step complete.  I suspect though that my wiki will get pretty unwieldy pretty fast, so I'm going to explore using the 'canonical_uri', keeping the images in a separate folder.  Thanks again, Rhod

PMario

Jun 2, 2020, 2:00:42 PM6/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 6:17:29 PM UTC+2, Rhod Evans wrote:
Thanks Reet - that was helpful.  I successfully imported a photo into my wiki and then got it to display in a tiddler!  First step complete.  I suspect though that my wiki will get pretty unwieldy pretty fast, so I'm going to explore using the 'canonical_uri', keeping the images in a separate folder.  Thanks again, Rhod

You definitely should go with canonical_uri, especially if your images are high-res.

https://squoosh.app/ may help you to compress your images. So depending on your usecase and the size of your images, you may be able to drop your thumbnails directly into the wiki and link them to the full-size version on the drive.

-m