Feature Request

David A. Gershman

Apr 4, 2018, 4:28:56 AM4/4/18
to tiddlywiki
Hello,

I have a use case where it would be helpful for individual Tiddlers to
be encrypted with their own passwords.  I don't know how difficult it
would be to add, on a Tiddler, an input field for the password.  If a
password is provided, the Tiddler content gets decrypted then viewed or
edited depending upon the request.  Upon checking (saving), if the
password field has content, the Tiddler is encrypted prior to saving,
else not.

Naturally searching would not be able to search within encrypted
Tiddlers, but that's just the nature of the beast.  "Meta-Tiddlers"
could be used for keywords for search and then link to the encrypted
Tiddlers (up to the user), or perhaps, the encryption/decryption of the
Tiddler is only on the content and not the Tiddler tags (probably a good
idea anyway).

Thoughts?

--David

ben

Apr 4, 2018, 4:44:29 AM4/4/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Its a few years old now but this should work:
https://danielorodriguez.com/TW5-EncryptTiddlerPlugin/

This
https://dynalist.io/d/zUP-nIWu2FFoXH-oM7L7d9DM
is a useful list of bit and pieces for Tiddlywiki

Ben

PMario

Apr 4, 2018, 4:48:01 AM4/4/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi David,

You may have a look at: https://danielorodriguez.com/TW5-EncryptTiddlerPlugin/

-m

TonyM

Apr 4, 2018, 9:51:54 AM4/4/18
to TiddlyWiki
It works well I was recently reviewing it.

I would like an option for such tiddlers to be reencripted automaticaly with the last password used otherwise some one you shared the password with could in advertently reencrypt with a password I do not know.

But it seems to address most needs.

Regards
Tony

David A. Gershman

Apr 4, 2018, 5:51:06 PM4/4/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I agree. I also thought it'd be nice to have the cursor automatically
focus on the password box after clicking the lock icon...but I *think*
that's a small change I can make.  We'll see how bad I botch it. :)