Sidebar button coloring

Damon Pritchett

May 31, 2020, 1:20:07 AM5/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
All,

I’ve been playing around with customizing my TW and am trying to change the color of the icons in the page controls buttons. I haven’t figured out a way to do it without breaking the save button changing colors when changes have occurred. I’m trying to get a color that’s different than the general background color. What am I missing?

Damon

Reet Pandher

May 31, 2020, 7:05:36 AM5/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
Are you customizing via the color palette?

Damon Pritchett

May 31, 2020, 10:10:53 AM5/31/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Some but mostly through stylesheets.

Birthe C

May 31, 2020, 12:41:06 PM5/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
Damon,

Terrible colours used here, I know, but it is only an example:

.tc-page-controls button:hover svg, .tc-page-controls a:hover svg {
fill
:Orange;
}

.tc-page-controls .tc-image-save-button {
fill
:blue;
}

body
.tc-dirty span.tc-dirty-indicator svg  {
fill
:darkred;
}

Birthe

Damon Pritchett

May 31, 2020, 1:04:38 PM5/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Birthe,

That last css statement is what I was missing. If I may ask, is that something you just picked up with experience or were you able to figure that out? If you figured it out, where did you find it?

Damon

Birthe C

May 31, 2020, 1:17:18 PM5/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
Damon,
Honestly, I remembered I had done something like that years ago, tried to remember the name of one of my old wikis using it.

One way to find some information of what to do can be found using firefox, put the mouse on something, right click and select inspect element. Honestly many times it just ad to my confusion. It gets a little better with time, so keep doing it.

Birthe

Damon Pritchett

May 31, 2020, 1:36:50 PM5/31/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Chrome has the same feature as well as TiddlyDesktop. It’s quite useful and I’ve learned a lot from. I can usually solve my styling problems easily with that. This time that one key statement eluded me.

Thanks again for your help.

Damon