Looking for TODO rule in Tiddler that creates automagically a TODO item.

Ray Vermey

Feb 18, 2021, 7:31:34 AM2/18/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi

since a week i am rediscovering TW5, really fun but quite for me a steep learning curve.
But I am trying.
I have a daily journal entry where i log everything i do in for work.
What i would love is the following:
When i put something like say *TODO* on a line, that that line will automagically
be added to my todo list.

So i have this in my journal (or normal tiddler):

----------------------------------
Walked on the beach
Let the dog out
*TODO* remember to buy dogfood
Wrote documentation for project XYZ
Called DaveSmith
*TODO* buy birthday present for Dave
---------------------------------

That (only) the 2 *TODO* lines would be added to my TODO Tiddler.
That would be really nice.
Is this somehow possible?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pointers to tutorials on programming TW5 are welcome as well.
I progress very slowly each day but hey, i am progressing ;-)

Ray

Ste

Feb 18, 2021, 9:19:03 AM2/18/21
to TiddlyWiki

Ray Vermey

Feb 18, 2021, 10:03:03 AM2/18/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Not bad at all!
Easy to install.
Now finding out how to make piece of text from a tiddler into a todo item.
Looks nice!!

Ray

Eskha

Feb 18, 2021, 10:47:16 AM2/18/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Ray,

You may also try:

Best regards,

Eskha

strikke...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2021, 10:48:16 AM2/18/21
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyRearch has a todo, that might inspire you- but it only works for the first line of text in the tiddler. It works well for TiddlyResearch also using Streams. Every thing is a tiddler then.

Birthe

Ray Vermey

Feb 18, 2021, 11:37:47 AM2/18/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Ah yes cherry picker... i played with it this week but could not get it to work....
Maybe i need to study it a bit more.
Thanks!

Ray

Op do 18 feb. 2021 om 16:47 schreef Eskha <khask...@gmail.com>:
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/66467d47-1d57-416c-a058-b8618f99c7a8n%40googlegroups.com.

Ray Vermey

Feb 18, 2021, 12:20:50 PM2/18/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
The problem with CherryPicker is that i see pfx: en txt: fields every time.
Is there a way to hide that??

Ray

Ray Vermey

Feb 18, 2021, 12:41:02 PM2/18/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I was able to get CherryPicker display "clean" output when i removed the @@ lines...

Ray Vermey

Feb 18, 2021, 12:50:29 PM2/18/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
BTW CherryPicker doesn't work with Journal tiddlers... is that fixable?
Nice tool now i got it working.

Ray

scot

Feb 18, 2021, 1:27:10 PM2/18/21
to TiddlyWiki
Something different, but may work.
Use j d mobile layout (http://j.d.simplemobile.tiddlyspot.com/) and

NTFS22 allows you to create journals etc from search bar.

Scot

Charlie Veniot

Feb 18, 2021, 11:04:15 PM2/18/21
to TiddlyWiki
G'day Ray,

Just for the fun of it:  TODO Idea for Ray

Instead of entering, as per your example:  *TODO* remember to buy dogfood

I've set things up as follows:

Type: {{remember to buy dogfood||t2DO}}

Upon save of your tiddler, you'll have a button there, when pressed it will create the tiddler "remember to buy dogfood" and tag it "TODO"

The "t2DO" transclusion tiddler does some neat stuff.  Not a fully-automatic way to add an item to the TODO list, but it saves a few mouse clicks.

Cheers !

Jean-Philippe Rutault

Feb 19, 2021, 3:50:41 AM2/19/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I achieve excatly this with the use of Eucaly's matchfilter http://eucaly-tw5.tiddlyspot.com/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Feucaly%2Fmatchfilter

Create a macro tiddler with the following code:

\define regex-todo() \s*TODO\:'*\s*((?:.*)*)(?gmi)

\define todo(tag)
<$list filter="[$tag$!prefix[$:/core]regexp:text[TODO\:]!has[draft.of]]">
<$link to={{!!title}}><$list filter="[{!!title}]">{{!!title}}</$list></$link>
<ul><$list filter='[{!!title}match:text<regex-todo>]'><li>{{!!title}}</li></$list></ul>
</$list>
\end

Use it with <<todo>> to display all lines starting  with TODO: as a todolist. You can use it with <<todo(mytag)>> to display only Todo that appears in tiddler tagged with mytag

Jean-Philippe Rutault

Feb 19, 2021, 3:56:01 AM2/19/21
to TiddlyWiki
Bad copy/paste <<todo "tag[mytag]">> to display only TODO in tiddlers with tag mytag

Charlie Veniot

Feb 19, 2021, 10:03:25 AM2/19/21
to TiddlyWiki
That is some beautiful code !