Local plugin library?

Matthew Lauber

May 17, 2018, 10:01:58 AM5/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
Anyone have experience creating a local plugin library?  I've got a bunch of plugins for tools I use, that I don't really want to toss up on a webserver somewhere.  And I've got a bunch of wikis that need to share them.  I'd like a simple way for me to make sure that any given wiki has the most recent version of the plugin, and a plugin library seems to make the most sense.

Anyone have experience building/hosting/referencing a plugin library that's running on localhost?

Jed Carty

May 17, 2018, 10:20:25 AM5/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
If you use the node version of tiddlywiki than you can use the TIDDLYWIKI_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable and have it point to the folder with your plugins, then they will be available to the node wikis.

I haven't tried hosting a local plugin library but I don't know of any reason it wouldn't work.

@TiddlyTweeter

May 17, 2018, 10:23:07 AM5/17/18
to TiddlyWiki
I'm not so skilled. But I have 60+ plugins and special macros in a normal file TW without problems. I add plugins & then DISABLE them.

I use PMario's Bundler to create relevant sets of them (like "editor"; "base" & "that screenplay set")

I drag & drop to other wiki as needed.