Gitmbed beta: A tool that complements TW

Finn Lancaster

Aug 18, 2021, 8:21:19 PM8/18/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Everybody,

Yet again, I have had a flash of creativity, and, like usual built a new tool which I believe could complement TiddlyWiki. This time, the tool is a Chrome extension (pending for Chrome Web Store) which allows embedding of external content/embeds into GitHub and other social media sites.

How does This Apply To TiddlyWiki?
Long story short, you can now embed TiddlyWiki's into your README.md on github, your instagram.com posts, and anything else on the web.

For a demo, go to https://gitmbed.finnsoftware.net, and scroll all the way down to the bottom. You should see a "View with Gitmbed" button, which, when you click, takes you to the official gitmbed repo.

As Gitmbed is currently pending to get into the web store, you can test the extension following the "Load Unpacked" instructions on that repo (github.com/flancast90/gitmbed).

I'd appreciate your feedback, as this will be my very first published Chrome/Edge extension, as well as hopefully my very-first very popular code/extension that I hope many will take advantage of. And, as usual, if you appreciate my work, show it with a star on GitHub ⭐.

Also, for any other developers wondering about how this can work, given that GitHub and other sites block these kinds of embeds, just email me, or read the explanation at gitmbed.finnsoftware.net or the given GitHub.

TW Tones

Aug 18, 2021, 9:37:25 PM8/18/21
to TiddlyWiki
Flanc,

I will check it out today. I hope you remain obsessed with tiddlywiki because your contributions are proving top be substantial. Let me know if I can help you from a Superuser (rather than developer perspective) but of course posting here or soon discourse will share the love.

Thanks again
Tones