Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Dave

no leída,
15 dic 2019, 20:16:3815/12/19
a TiddlyWiki
Why would the recents tab get out of order like this? (see attached)

Here's the order of dates from top to bottom:
3rd November 2019
2nd November 2019
15th December 2019
12th December 2019
11th December 2019
10th December 2019
9th December 2019
5th December 2019
4th December 2019
3rd December 2019
13th December 2019
28th November 2019

etc.
RecentOutOfOrder.png

Ton Gerner

no leída,
16 dic 2019, 4:01:5416/12/19
a TiddlyWiki
Hi Dave,

May be an overridden shadow tiddler $:/core/ui/MoreSideBar/Recent?

Check with Controlpanel > Info > Basics

Click at the bottom the Advanced search icon next to the number of overridden shadow tiddlers.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ton

PMario

no leída,
16 dic 2019, 4:06:4216/12/19
a TiddlyWiki
Hi,
Recent means "recently edited" so it depends on the "modified" field.
-m

Dave

no leída,
16 dic 2019, 11:53:2516/12/19
a TiddlyWiki
Ton, here's my finding (see attached): there's no "recent" in there but there is the "default sidebar tab" which has a TableOfContents in there (but it worked before this)

The  weird thing is that when I go to the "More" tab, the recents there is correct

thisone.png

Ton Gerner

no leída,
16 dic 2019, 12:16:4516/12/19
a TiddlyWiki
Hi Dave,

On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 5:53:25 PM UTC+1, Dave wrote:
Ton, here's my finding (see attached): there's no "recent" in there but there is the "default sidebar tab" which has a TableOfContents in there (but it worked before this)

The  weird thing is that when I go to the "More" tab, the recents there is correct

Upon inspection the (sidebar) Recent tab ($:/core/ui/SideBar/Recent) and the More > Recent tab ($:/core/ui/MoreSideBar/Recent) are different tiddlers (and with different tags $:/tags/SideBar & $:/tags/MoreSideBar) but contain the same code:

<$macrocall $name="timeline" format={{$:/language/RecentChanges/DateFormat}}/>

It looks like $:/core/ui/SideBar/Recent is in the list of overridden shadow tiddlers (at least I see it in your picture).
If that is the case, just delete $:/core/ui/SideBar/Recent and the original shadow tiddler will be active again.

Dave

no leída,
16 dic 2019, 13:11:2316/12/19
a TiddlyWiki
Thank you - that worked!

Mental note: if a built-in function is not working (you get that "don't mess with shadow tiddlers" edit message) deleting that tiddler will (probably) reset things

Dave

no leída,
16 dic 2019, 13:13:0816/12/19
a TiddlyWiki
I'd mark this "Complete" but I don't see how to do that

Mark S.

no leída,
16 dic 2019, 13:43:4016/12/19
a TiddlyWiki
The only lingering question is whether there was a reason for that tiddler to have been altered ;-)

Dave

no leída,
16 dic 2019, 16:29:5716/12/19
a TiddlyWiki
I suspect its because I use a taboo combination: Bob + Syncthing and sometimes Bob and Syncthing clash and alter some of my tiddlers.

"If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room" ;)

Dave

no leída,
2 ene 2020, 0:46:482/1/20
a TiddlyWiki

Hi, my problem is back. I somehow got it fixed (see above) on one computer, but the same "solution" didn't work on other instances. Here's a screenshot of a section of my Recent tab (yes, I changed the date format to see if that would make a difference, but no luck there). I assume the slight offset in the modified dates vs the timeline dates is due to the UTC thing TW does.

in timeline:

in the files:

file system modified dates:

Could it be interference from a plugin? maybe $:/plugins/telmiger/MyStory ?

p.s., sorry for the weird formatting, I prewrote this in a tiddler and that's the color theme on my TW
timelineProblem.png

Thomas Elmiger

no leída,
2 ene 2020, 8:17:122/1/20
a tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

The MyStory plugin does not overwrite any core tiddlers so I cannot imagine it is part of the problem nor the solution. What other plugins do you use?

Other things I noticed in your report:
  • Difference between file system dates and dates in the files: The modified field of AgendaTweaking and datePicker2 are not up to date obviously. TW has a button to suspend timestamp updates since version 5.1.14, maybe you should check this?
  • You seem to be working around midnight according to the timestamps (depending on your timezone, this could be wrong) – I experienced problems with time calculations myself at some point in time with times close to midnight. Maybe try other times to save again and see if the problem persists. (And make sure you get enough sleep ;–) that helped me a lot.)
  • What is datePicker2 anyway? Are you developing something?
All the best for your life on the edge,
Thomas

Dave

no leída,
2 ene 2020, 12:07:242/1/20
a TiddlyWiki
Thanks Thomas,

I didn't know about the time update suspension, so I'll look into that.

I'm not at my computer right now but I'll get a list of other plugins later today.

Ha ha, no I'm only a yellow belt tiddlywikier - datePicker2 is just a slightly modified version that gives a differently formatted date.

I'm wondering, maybe I should research how to export all my non-system tiddlers into a new wiki. I'm pretty sure Bob has that capability...

- Dave

Dave

no leída,
2 ene 2020, 13:25:462/1/20
a TiddlyWiki
I'm on the beta bobExe (1.4), and as I just sit and watch the recents tab (Synthing is off) the date headers on it actually shift around while I'm doing nothing and the computer is making noises, so I'll try going back to 1.3 and see if that fixes it.

Dave

no leída,
2 ene 2020, 18:08:402/1/20
a TiddlyWiki
fyi, going back to Bob 1.3.3b did stop the active shifting around of the date headers in the recent tab, but they're still out of order

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos