[TW5] TW5.1.11 cannot click some items in sidebar, like control panel

Chuck R.

Apr 21, 2016, 10:31:51 AM4/21/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I made a TW for CSS3 notes and it was working fine yesterday. Today I cannot click some random links in the sidebar (like Recent tiddlers) nor can I click the settings gear nor can I click the Tools tab. I viewed the source code and sdaw it's a 5.1.11 TiddlyWiki.

I restarted my browser (Firefox 43.0.1 with some addons) and that didn't help fix TW either. This is the TW with percentages for the widths of the story and sidebar. I also changed the color of the date in the sidebar Recent tab to be a darker gray.

Any ideas for how to fix this? I don't yet have a Tiddlyspace account for this TW yet.

Here are my styles I use in this TW.
.tc-titlebar {border-top:2px solid lightgrey;}

.tc-tiddler-controls {border-top:2px solid #6666ff;}

.tc-titlebar h2 {
 font
-size: 14pt;
 display
: inline; font-weight: bold;
}

.tc-tiddler-frame {
padding
-top: 2px;
padding
-bottom: 2px;
padding
-right: 1em
padding
-left: 1em;
}

/* Below is for date in "Recent" list on sidebar */
.tc-menu-list-item {
color
: #404040;
}

Thank you.

Mat

Apr 21, 2016, 11:09:11 AM4/21/16
to TiddlyWiki
I suupect this might be the issue;

In the settings for Story Width, where you made your percentages settings, try adding what is here marked in red like so

Story Right [ ...%; background:yellow ]
Story Width [ ...%; border:1px solid red ]

(note the included semi-colons after your percentage character)

You will then see how far the story width in red overlaps the yellow sidebar and if it blocks it.

(Here's a related issue about this)

<:-)

Chuck R.

Apr 21, 2016, 2:00:55 PM4/21/16
to TiddlyWiki
You were right, they were overlapping. I made some tweaks and now the links in the sidebar all work again.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it.