[Tiddly Research] Public release

kebi

Sep 2, 2020, 8:48:09 AM9/2/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys, for the past month I've been working on my Roam Research/RemNote inspired TiddlyWiki.

It is based on already existing plugins, you can find the full credits here: https://github.com/kebifurai/TiddlyResearch

You can go here for a quick demo instead: https://kebifurai.github.io/TiddlyResearch/

Using Tiddly Research at its fullest potential requires some learning (shortcuts and formatting), but I have included a guide as well for new comers.

The references/backlinks plugin can also be downloaded as standalone ($:/plugins/kebi/tiddlyresearch-references)

Any feedback or suggestion is appreciated!

talha131

Sep 2, 2020, 11:20:47 AM9/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
This is impressive. I have bookmarked and I will explore it in detail later.

Does it have the option to show the links between tiddler visually? Something like this,

Mark S.

Sep 2, 2020, 3:22:49 PM9/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
For the cloze tool, it says to press something. I only see a little box with nothing in it. So I don't know what to press.

For Anki, is there any way that the plugin version numbers could be reset to 2.1 ? On linux, the current distribution is early 2.1, so it can't install the plugin.

Thanks!
when-editing-a-node.png
Message has been deleted

harut...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2020, 3:33:15 PM9/2/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
For the cloze tool, it says to press something. I only see a little box with nothing in it. So I don't know what to press.

For Anki, is there any way that the plugin version numbers could be reset to 2.1 ? On linux, the current distribution is early 2.1, so it can't install the plugin.

Thanks!

Thank you for spotting the shortcut problem, I'm goin to fix it asap.

For the Anki plugin I think you can't use it if you are on a version older than
2.1.24 sorry!

harut...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2020, 3:36:56 PM9/2/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
This is impressive. I have bookmarked and I will explore it in detail later.

Does it have the option to show the links between tiddler visually? Something like this,

I think you can achieve sonething similar by installing the tiddlymap plugin. The reason why I haven't implemented it is because I nevel felt the urge to visualize my notes connection in a graph.

Hans Kainz

Sep 2, 2020, 4:09:47 PM9/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
👏👏👏 Wow! Thank you!

Seems like the closest experience to roamresearch.
The design looks super clean, at first sight. 👍

On Thursday, September 3, 2020 at 12:20:47 AM UTC+9 talha131 wrote:
This is impressive. I have bookmarked and I will explore it in detail later.

Does it have the option to show the links between tiddler visually? Something like this,

David Gifford

Sep 2, 2020, 4:34:32 PM9/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Nice!

Mark S.

Sep 2, 2020, 5:04:26 PM9/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
On mine, there are no icons on the edit toolbar (lightbulb or ???)

Zek

Sep 2, 2020, 5:29:02 PM9/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Looks great so far, do you have any updates already in mind?

harut...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2020, 6:08:49 PM9/2/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
On mine, there are no icons on the edit toolbar (lightbulb or ???)

I disabled them because they take out space (tiddly research focuses on nodes, the normal user shouldn't be using the default editor), but if you need them you can just reactivate them from the toolbar settings.

harut...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2020, 6:11:29 PM9/2/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Looks great so far, do you have any updates already in mind?

I will update it with every new version of stream (a future version may include autocompletion of links)

Mark S.

Sep 2, 2020, 6:22:03 PM9/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
What toolbar settings? I assume that TiddlyRemember can operate without TiddlyResearch?

My use case is to use TiddlyRemember inside of Stroll.

I'm having a bit of trouble keeping up with all the new note-taking editions lately!

Thanks!

On Thursday, September 3, 2020 at 6:04:26 AM UTC+9 Mark S. wrote:
On mine, there are no icons on the edit toolbar (lightbulb or ???)

kebi

Sep 2, 2020, 6:45:05 PM9/2/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

What toolbar settings?

You can reactivate them by going to Control Panel > Appearance > Toolbars > Editor Toolbar

I assume that TiddlyRemember can operate without TiddlyResearch?

This is true, but in TiddlyResearch I modified some of the TIddlyRememeber code to enhance it and to make it compatible with streams (anki cards use the node id instead of a generated new one).

Mark S.

Sep 2, 2020, 7:42:00 PM9/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Remembercz and RememberQ are already checked, but there is no icon associated with them.

Thanks!
remember-icons-not-showing.png

kebi

Sep 2, 2020, 8:06:58 PM9/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Remembercz and RememberQ are already checked, but there is no icon associated with them.

If you want too see the icon in the editor

and add the following field to $:/plugins/sobjornstad/TiddlyRemember/toolbar/remembercz
icon: $:/plugins/sobjornstad/TiddlyRemember/icons/lightbulb-black.svg
and $:/plugins/sobjornstad/TiddlyRemember/toolbar/rememberq
icon: $:/plugins/sobjornstad/TiddlyRemember/icons/lightbulb-white.svg

in the next update I'm gonna add icons for every shortcut
Message has been deleted

Mark S.

Sep 2, 2020, 9:57:43 PM9/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks!

Saq Imtiaz

Sep 3, 2020, 1:48:36 AM9/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
It is good to see people creating and sharing new vertical editions, thank you.

That said,  there are some serious issues with this implementation:
  • several core modules have been overwritten in their entirety inlcuding Navigator which is a key widget in the functioning of TiddlyWiki.

    This will make it very problematic to upgrade the TiddlyWiki core version, and will likely cause problems with other plugins as well.
    I suggest looking into the hook mechanism to see if that meets your needs instead of overwriting Navigator.  https://tiddlywiki.com/dev/#HookMechanism

    If you need more control than the hook mechanism provides, overwrite individual functions within the widgets and not the entire widgets.

  • I consider it very bad form to distribute modified versions of 3rd party plugins, without making it very clear and obvious that these are custom versions. Either avoid directly modifying 3rd party plugins and override their shadow tiddlers as needed, or rename them and add a note about customizations, beyond just changing the version number.
I cannot recommend that anyone starting using this until at least the issue of overwriting entire core widgets is addressed. At the very least a prominent note should be added that the implementation may create difficulties upgrading the TiddlyWiki core independently of TiddlyResearch, as well as with adding other plugins.

Other than that, it seems odd that the search results contain individual nodes when you state that only tiddlers with specific tags are "tracked". It would be more intuitive then to show only the the first ancestor node with the specified tags for each search result.

Regards,
Saq

kebi

Sep 3, 2020, 6:14:06 AM9/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Saq thank you for your opinion about TiddlyResearch.

This is my first project, so there may be some things I should have managed better before the release but the feedback was limited and I simply didn't know.

Regarding the core files you are right, I should make a note to warn people about updating tiddlywiki indipendently. By the way I didn't delete any code from the core, I just enhanced 2 conditions, so if people were to upgrade tiddlywiki they will just lose those 2 little enhancements and TiddlyResearch will keep working with no problems.

About the plugins, next week I will release a quick 1.1 version with all the new descriptions where it says that those are all "forked" version for tiddlyresearch.

When I wrote that only the tagged notes are been tracked I meant that only the tagged notes will be displayed in the sidebar menus as Tiddlers or Daily Tiddlers, the standard search includes every tiddler even the non tagged ones.

Saq Imtiaz

Sep 3, 2020, 7:04:02 AM9/3/20
to TiddlyWiki

By the way I didn't delete any code from the core, I just enhanced 2 conditions, so if people were to upgrade tiddlywiki they will just lose those 2 little enhancements and TiddlyResearch will keep working with no problems.

This is not how overwriting shadow tiddlers works. When you overwrite a $:/core tiddler, it will continue to be overwritten with your version even if the core is updated. Thus, any bug fixes or improvements made in the core to the overwritten  tiddler will not be picked up, and if there are dependencies between the changes made to the tiddler you have overwritten and other parts of the core, the TiddlyWiki file may fail to work as expected. The next version of TW already has changes in the Navigator widget.

Therefore it is not good practice to overwrite an entire module such as $:/core/modules/widgets/navigator.js and I would recommend that you look into using the hook mechanism, or overwriting the specific method necessary in Navigator if hooks are not able to achieve your goals.

David Gifford

Sep 3, 2020, 9:31:37 AM9/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
I need to poke around with this some more.

Blessings.

Mark S.

Sep 3, 2020, 10:33:59 AM9/3/20
to TiddlyWiki

On Thursday, September 3, 2020 at 3:14:06 AM UTC-7, kebi wrote:

This is my first project, so there may be some things I should have managed better before the release but the feedback was limited and I simply didn't know.

That's really amazing for a first project, or even a 20th ;-)

There is virtually no usable documentation for developers. You shouldn't feel too bad if you accidentally broke some unwritten rules ... because they're unwritten!

si

Sep 3, 2020, 1:14:19 PM9/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
This is a beautiful implementation of TiddlyWiki! Thanks a lot for sharing it.

I really love the way that you have styled the backlinks at the bottom of each tiddler, I'm going to steal this idea. Was this already a plugin or a feature that you came up with yourself?

TW Tones

Sep 3, 2020, 8:09:52 PM9/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Kebi,

Thanks for sharing an implementation of tiddlywiki, these are critical to the community. These are the benefits already obvious;
  • Increase choice to users having your edition available
  • A Chance to discuss dealing with over written core tiddlers
  • Further development in your own tiddlywiki development skills
  • Providing you with "code review" from the community
  • Reigniting the discussion of dealing with overwritten core tiddlers.
The benefits of your openness is substantial, good work.

As your knowledge builds you will discover more ways to avoid core tiddler overwrites, usually tapping into an existing hackability is enough, occasionally such a need exposes either a possible improvement to the core or additional hackability.

One method not yet explored sufficiently, is to build into your own package of tiddlers, the ability to reverse, and reapply the core updates. One way is to test for the tiddlywiki version and if it changes from the one when the package was installed, advise the user and give them the information to address the possible issues. Perhaps one day a facility to support upgrading the core under overwritten tiddlers, reporting possible conflicts will be built into the core or the upgrade process.

Regards
Tones

Tejasvi S Tomar

Sep 4, 2020, 2:36:57 AM9/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Love the design! Well suited for mobile usage.

kebi

Sep 4, 2020, 7:54:25 AM9/4/20
to TiddlyWiki

 Therefore it is not good practice to overwrite an entire module such as $:/core/modules/widgets/navigator.js and I would recommend that you look into using the hook mechanism, or overwriting the specific method necessary in Navigator if hooks are not able to achieve your goals.

Sorry for the late reply.

I added a disclaimer in the github page about updating the tiddlywiki's core. I will now look forward to use the hook mechanism for the code I want to modify.
Thank you so much for you suggestions and help!

kebi

Sep 4, 2020, 7:56:32 AM9/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you so much!

I didn't know about this list, looks very interesting!

kebi

Sep 4, 2020, 7:58:57 AM9/4/20
to TiddlyWiki

That's really amazing for a first project, or even a 20th ;-)

There is virtually no usable documentation for developers. You shouldn't feel too bad if you accidentally broke some unwritten rules ... because they're unwritten!

Thank you for your support, Mark.

Thanks to this post now I know what I need to fix and improve, I'm very glad to be part of the TiddlyWiki's community!

kebi

Sep 4, 2020, 8:03:27 AM9/4/20
to TiddlyWiki

I'm going to steal this idea. Was this already a plugin or a feature that you came up with yourself?

This was originally a plugin by linonetwo called "inverse-link-and-folder", you can find it here: https://onetwo.ren/wiki/

I only added new filters and changed the colors of the links background while maintaing most of the css!

kebi

Sep 4, 2020, 8:07:45 AM9/4/20
to TiddlyWiki

The benefits of your openness is substantial, good work.

As your knowledge builds you will discover more ways to avoid core tiddler overwrites, usually tapping into an existing hackability is enough, occasionally such a need exposes either a possible improvement to the core or additional hackability.

Thank you Tones for your support.

I think I did the right thing by creating this post, I now understand that I was being careless about modifying some important core files.
Next week I will release a quick version where I fix all the problems mentioned by Saq.

Saq Imtiaz

Sep 4, 2020, 8:49:41 AM9/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
If you have questions or need assistance with using the hook mechanism or selectively overwriting specific methods in the Navigator widget, please feel free to post on the dev forum:

kebi

Sep 7, 2020, 9:14:02 AM9/7/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

For everyone using Tiddly Research, it is recommended that you update to this new version.

How to update from v1.0:

  • Open your current wiki
  • Click on the "Export all" button situated on the topbar and export all your tiddlers
  • Download the new version and open it
  • Import all your tiddlers by drag and dropping the file generated from step n.2

Changelog:

  • Changed the way Tiddly Research modifies some core javascript tiddlers
  • Added horizontal view (Krystal)
  • Improved search bar
  • Improved preview popup
  • Added relinking for the reference field in rememberq and remembercz
  • Added @ibox macro for better image embedding
  • Removed unnecessary code from $:/plugins/kebi/tiddlyresearch-references
  • Added toggle-sidebar shortcut
  • Added "Open" menu in the sidebar
  • Removed node max-width (Streams)
  • New $:/favicon.ico
  • CSS enhancements

Odin Jorna

Sep 10, 2020, 2:23:47 PM9/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Your theme is amazing! Which plugins/tiddlers do I need to import to my own wiki to make use of the theme?

Mark S.

Sep 10, 2020, 10:44:16 PM9/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
I'm mostly interested in TiddlyRemember. Can I just drag the updated plugin into my existing TW file? Does the anki plugin need to be updated?

Thanks!

Odin Jorna

Sep 11, 2020, 5:35:01 AM9/11/20
to TiddlyWiki
You can find the installation instructions of TiddlyRemember here: https://sobjornstad.github.io/TiddlyRemember/

kebi

Sep 11, 2020, 10:05:56 AM9/11/20
to TiddlyWiki

Your theme is amazing! Which plugins/tiddlers do I need to import to my own wiki to make use of the theme?

If you only need the theme you will need to import:

- Notebook
- Notebook Mobile
- tiddlyresearch-design
- Krystal

Keep in mind that TiddlyResearch is not optimized to be imported as a theme, so you may need to fix little things like the searchbar and sidebar.

kebi

Sep 11, 2020, 10:11:28 AM9/11/20
to TiddlyWiki

I'm mostly interested in TiddlyRemember. Can I just drag the updated plugin into my existing TW file? Does the anki plugin need to be updated?

 You should be able to use my forked version as a standalone plugin, also you don't need to change anything from the TiddlyRemember official anki plugin in order to sync your wiki.

You might also want to import the keyboard shortcuts for rememberq/rememberq-reference and remembercz/remembercz-reference inside the tiddlyresearch-shortcuts plugin.

SizzlinSJ

Sep 12, 2020, 11:10:14 AM9/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
This is great, thanks for integrating plugins and scripts which I dont feel i couldve ever done it.
I really like the Krystal, integration of streams, crosslink etc. and the toggle sidebar(menu) button
The only thing i miss is Autocomplete which i think you are working on

Request: Can you make the unlinked links highlight like they are when using Freelinks Plugin?

kebi

Sep 13, 2020, 2:06:41 AM9/13/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

The only thing i miss is Autocomplete which i think you are working on

Autocompletion will come with the 5.1.23 TiddlyWiki update, stay tuned!

Request: Can you make the unlinked links highlight like they are when using Freelinks Plugin?

I tried to do this before but I couldn't find a way to integrate the context plugin (the one that Freelinks uses for highlighs) with the preview tiddler plugin.
Hopefully word highlightning will become a feature in tiddlywiki in the future.
Message has been deleted

kebi

Sep 13, 2020, 10:47:58 PM9/13/20
to TiddlyWiki

New v1.2 update! https://github.com/kebifurai/TiddlyResearch/releases

How to update from v1.1:

  • Open your current wiki
  • Click on the "Export all" button situated on the topbar and export all your tiddlers in JSON format
  • Download the new version and open it
  • Import all your tiddlers by drag and dropping the file generated from step n.2

    Changelog:

    • Fixed major glitch in tiddlyresearch-reference plugin
    • tiddlyresearch-reference now uses better filters
    • Added a new level of referencing "transclusions"
    • You can now transclude entire tiddlers and its nodes
    • Added breadcrumbs in the preview viewTemplate
    • The default search filter now ignores images text body (to avoid freezes)
    • New color for external links (green)
    • Added a new macro "current-time"
    • ContextPlugin now supports asian languages
    • Changed the default tiddler tags to ".tiddler" and ".daily-tiddler" (to avoid overwriting them)
    • Fixed CSS styling to solve some Krystal/Notebook theme glitches
    • Plugin re-organization and code clean-up
    • Added Tutorial GIFs

    TW Tones

    Sep 13, 2020, 11:56:20 PM9/13/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Kebi,

    The Streams tiddlers are listed.
    • Did you know if you give those tiddlers "caption"s, they will display the caption not the convoluted number?
    This has inspired me to ask,
    • Has anyone worked out a way to use heuristics from the text in a tiddler, to come up with a caption or title that reflects the content?
    • If we could generate suggested unique titles from the content that would be Fab
    Regards
    Tony

    kebi

    Sep 14, 2020, 7:43:02 AM9/14/20
    to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
    Thanks Tony for your suggestions.

    Did you know if you give those tiddlers "caption"s, they will display the caption not the convoluted number?

    I think that having an ID of the same lenght for every node reference makes the experience simplier and cleaner.

    • Has anyone worked out a way to use heuristics from the text in a tiddler, to come up with a caption or title that reflects the content?
    • If we could generate suggested unique titles from the content that would be Fab

    Generating captions for single node tiddlers is not a viable solution, tiddlers can contain a lot of other formats (images, transclusions, code blocks, etc) othen than text and that would create a lot of mess.

    - kebi

    TW Tones

    Sep 14, 2020, 10:24:14 AM9/14/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Kebi,

    Generating captions for single node tiddlers is not a viable solution, tiddlers can contain a lot of other formats (images, transclusions, code blocks, etc) othen than text and that would create a lot of mess.

    When it is not text, Not related to a parent or has some key fields, you can make use of, such as the type field then the suggested name would be simpler

    Any way I will pursue this idea in my new topic.

    Thanks
    Tony

    Casey

    Sep 17, 2020, 9:24:48 AM9/17/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Tony,

    This is very intriguing. It is actually the one thing I don't like about streams, is the naming of the tiddlers. If you end up whipping something up, I'd gladly help test it out.

    kebi

    Sep 30, 2020, 11:51:32 PM9/30/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    New update v1.3!

    Changelog

    • Updated Relink plugin to 1.10.1
    • Updated Streams plugin to 0.1.15
    • Updated TiddlyRemember plugin to 1.2.0
    • Updated the tiddlyresearch plugin to support the new macro "rememberp"
    • Updated the tiddlyresearch-reference plugin to support transclusion blocks below single nodes (option available in the config tab)
    • tiddlyresearch-reference plugin CSS cleanup
    • Added autocompletion test plugin (disabled by default, you can enable it from the control panel)
    • Enabled toolbar editor icons (now you can use shortcuts when using the default TiddlyWiki editor)
    • Updated .Keyboard Shortcuts tiddler
    • Updated Tutorial

    Atronoush Parsi

    Oct 1, 2020, 7:56:13 AM10/1/20
    to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
    Hello Kebi,
     Many thanks for this great app. Some minor suggestions

    - When several tiddlers are open those with closed content pressed at right or left reveal small color bars that seem part of the content like tag is not hidden. May be you need to set a minimum/maximum width for the title ribbon to display only title and hide everything else
    - The backlinks from stream items are displayed as long numbers. While I understand these are small tiddlers store the stream items, but showing such numbers on source tiddlers make no sense! You should back link to the host tiddler keep the stream items. Understanding those long numbers and follow back is difficult.

    I assume Saq used those numbers as unique titles for hidden tiddlers store Stream items and using on their own may be only for transclusion.

    Andrew Lister

    Oct 1, 2020, 6:48:11 PM10/1/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Very interesting! I imported a bunch of tiddlers but they don't show up under "Tiddlers" because they are not tagged ".tiddler". Is there an easy way to add that to all of them at once? I looked for the "Tiddler Manager" that would normally be under "tools" in the right hand side bar, but don't see it.
    Message has been deleted

    kebi

    Oct 1, 2020, 11:10:42 PM10/1/20
    to TiddlyWiki

    - When several tiddlers are open those with closed content pressed at right or left reveal small color bars that seem part of the content like tag is not hidden. May be you need to set a minimum/maximum width for the title ribbon to display only title and hide everything else

    Could you please attach a screenshot of the glitch you are experiencing?
    I can't replicate it in Firefox/TiddlyDesktop.

    - The backlinks from stream items are displayed as long numbers. While I understand these are small tiddlers store the stream items, but showing such numbers on source tiddlers make no sense! You should back link to the host tiddler keep the stream items. Understanding those long numbers and follow back is difficult.

    You can quickly preview a reference by hovering on it while pressing SHIFT, you can also use the breadcums below the title to navigate to the parent tiddlers.
    Let me know if this works for you!

    kebi

    Oct 1, 2020, 11:14:50 PM10/1/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    You can still access the tools tiddler by navigating to $:/core/ui/SideBar/Tools
    You can also attach any tiddler you need to the sidebar by adding the tag "$:/plugins/nico/notebook/tags/SidebarSection"

    Let me know if this helped!

    Atronoush Parsi

    Oct 2, 2020, 5:20:05 AM10/2/20
    to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
    Hi Kebi,
    I have attached some screen shots.

    Figure 1. See the small color bars at left. No tiddler title when the left side bar is open

    image_016.png

    Figure 2. Title of tiddler are displayed when the left sidebar is closed.
    image_017.png

    kebi

    Oct 2, 2020, 8:56:42 AM10/2/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Thanks for the screenshots!
    This is actually a glitch I was aware of, but didn't fix right away because it didn't break the entire system.
    Will update when I find a solution to this.

    Andrew Lister

    Oct 2, 2020, 9:11:09 AM10/2/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    I'm not seeing how to navigate to $:/core/ui/SideBar/Tools... I would normally do that by going to "More" in the right hand sidebar and then clicking "Shadows" and scrolling down to find it. Searching for "tools" doesn't bring anything up either.

    Sorry if this is an obvious question, I've kept away from any fiddling with tiddlywiki, for a while now, and have forgotten how to do basic stuff.

    Atronoush Parsi

    Oct 2, 2020, 10:37:46 AM10/2/20
    to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
    Thank you Kebi!

    Saq Imtiaz

    Oct 2, 2020, 11:31:10 AM10/2/20
    to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
    Hi Andrew,

    It's been a while, hope you have been well.

    If you click on the search icon to the right of the search field, it will bring up Advanced Search.
    You can then find shadow tiddlers by typing their names into the Shadows tab.

    Cheers,
    Saq

    Andrew Lister

    Oct 2, 2020, 5:03:49 PM10/2/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Hi Saq! Very nice to talk to you again. I miss our Student Notebook. Thanks for the explanation, I've got it now.

    Best wishes,

    Andrew

    kebi

    Oct 13, 2020, 8:20:42 AM10/13/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    v.1.0.3 tiddlyresearch-references plugin update

    https://github.com/kebifurai/TiddlyResearch/releases/tag/v1.0.3ref

    With this version you can customize your references settings directly from the tiddlyresearch-references/config tab.

    Now you can:

    • enable/disable different filters
    • enable/disable filters for single nodes
    • change the background and text color of the reference buttons

    To install this new version just drag and drop the .json file inside your wiki.

    clutterstack

    Nov 5, 2020, 4:46:33 PM11/5/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    I just found this. Very nice edition.

    Pedro

    Nov 6, 2020, 8:39:57 AM11/6/20
    to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
    Hi,

    Kebi, thank you very much for your contribution. Your project fits perfectly well for my research annotations and I'm looking forward to port my current notes to a tw powered by TiddlyResearch. Looks like it will be not that hard. I just need to figure out how to do some batch modifications (as replacing "Journal" tags by ".daily-tiddler") to my tiddles so they can better fit TiddlyResearch default tags and organization. By the way, do you have any tips on that sense?

    Moreover, can I add new sidebar tabs? For instance, a tab capable of indexing all tiddlers tagged as ".potato"?

    ----------
    Pedro Alves

    PhD candidate in Computer Science
    Institute of Computing - University of Campinas

    odin...@gmail.com

    Nov 6, 2020, 10:06:55 AM11/6/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    @pedro,

    have a look at Mohammad's Tiddler Commander plugin. I think it was made specifically for such large batch operations such replacing a large amount of tags.

    https://github.com/kookma/TW-Commander

    Keelan Cook

    Nov 6, 2020, 11:16:28 AM11/6/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Pedro, concerning those journal tiddlers, it might be easier to go the other way around. That's what I did. I changed the .daily-tiddler tag in TiddlyResearch to use Journal instead. That allowed my existing tiddlers from an older wiki to pull in fine. Only had to change one thing that way instead of changing all of the older tiddlers, and it allowed me to continue with my naming conventions. Just a thought.

    Pedro

    Nov 7, 2020, 6:41:47 AM11/7/20
    to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
    Keelan, yes, indeed it seems to be an easier approach, but is it better? My concern is on losing support for future updates to TiddlyResearch.

    ----------
    Pedro Alves

    PhD candidate in Computer Science
    Institute of Computing - University of Campinas

    Keelan Cook

    Nov 7, 2020, 7:12:58 AM11/7/20
    to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
    I supposed that could be the case, but it seems unlikely, seeing as how it's just a tag switch. Any new feature that would somehow be dependent upon that particular tag could mostly likely be edited as easily to your desired tag. If that's somehow not the case, bulk editing all of your tiddler tags with the commander mentioned above would certainly be an option.

    That said, if your preference is to go ahead and switch to the theme consistent tags, you could "set and forget".

    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CACW_pa20H9ZiyJK6it6YOMOQM98Hw0BSdxPe4GijWr0t0xNc%2BQ%40mail.gmail.com.

    kebi

    Dec 10, 2020, 12:22:34 AM12/10/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    @Pedro sorry for the late reply, I lost track of this group after the last google group update.

    Anyway, you can add more tabs to the sidebar by simply adding the tag " $:/plugins/nico/notebook/tags/SidebarSection " to the tiddlers you want to display.

    If you want to add to the sidebar a group of specific tiddlers, you need to directly edit the tiddler named "$:/plugins/nico/notebook/Sidebar/Sections" and modify the filter to include the tiddlers you want to display.

    Hope this helped!

    kebi

    Dec 26, 2020, 6:04:36 AM12/26/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    New update (1.4)

    Changelog
    - Core updated to the [5.1.23](https://tiddlywiki.com/static/Release%25205.1.23.html) version of TiddlyWIki
    - Updated Krystal plugin to [0.3.1](https://crazko.github.io/krystal/#Changelog)
    - Updated TiddlyRemember plugin to [1.2.2](https://github.com/sobjornstad/TiddlyRemember/releases/tag/v1.2.2)
    - New TODO plugin (`tiddlyresearch-todo`) [#13]
    - Added support for keyboard navigation (`tiddlyresearch`) [#6]
    - Now preview templates can be configured in `preview/config` [#15]
    - Show tiddler content insted of ID setting (`tiddlyresearch-references/config`) [#16]
    - Deleted the `droppable-alt-key.js` tiddler from `tiddlyresearch-core` (not needed with TW 5.1.23)
    - Updated .Keyboard Shortcuts tiddler