Not finding missing tiddlers

Steven Schneider

Jan 19, 2018, 3:34:43 PM1/19/18
to TiddlyWiki
I am trying to (not) list tiddlers that (don't) exist.

If I paste this into a new tiddler at http://tiddlywiki.com (or any tiddlywiki most likely):

<$list filter="[is[tiddler]title[This tiddler does not exist]]">
This tiddler exists: <$link to=<<currentTiddler>>> <<currentTiddler>> </$link><br>
</$list>

<$list filter="[is[missing]title[This tiddler does not exist]]">
This tiddler is missing: <$link to=<<currentTiddler>>> <<currentTiddler>> </$link><br>
</$list>

Given that the tiddlywiki does not have a tiddler with title = "This tiddler does not exist", I would expect to see nothing at all resulting from the first <$list> and a link to a missing tiddler in the second <$list>

Yet, I don't. So I think I'm mis-understanding what [is[tiddler] does, or how <$list> works...

Any help much appreciated,

//steve.

Mark S.

Jan 19, 2018, 4:14:03 PM1/19/18
to TiddlyWiki
Per the docs:

    title is a constructor (except in the form !title)

This means that when you put title[This tiddler does not exist] you actually create a list item.

Switch the filters around:

   [title[This tiddler does not exist]is[tiddler]]

and (2nd filter)

   [title[This tiddler does not exist]is[missing]]

Good luck,

-- Mark

stevesuny

Jan 19, 2018, 5:28:02 PM1/19/18
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Mark. Works like a charm. Never saw the constructor stuff; I think I get it; but most importantly, I can write <$list> that fail to return results. I do this as kind of an if statement. //steve.