Exporting as "tid" only exports one tiddler?

Mark S.

Oct 5, 2015, 1:17:17 PM10/5/15
to TiddlyWiki
I was experimenting with the export function on the advanced search screen, using Tiddlywiki.com as a test.

Using filter:

  [tag[Concepts]]

There was were 41 matches. But when I used the export button on the advanced search page and selected "tid" file, the resulting file only had one tiddler in it (the first one on the list).

By contrast, if I export the matches as CSV or JSON, all the entries end up in the file.

Is this the way it is supposed to work, or is there a way to make it export all matches as tids?

I am using Firefox 33.0 (TW5 on tiddlywiki.com is at 5.1.9)

Thanks!
Mark

Danielo Rodríguez

Oct 6, 2015, 4:02:10 AM10/6/15
to TiddlyWiki
What you were expecting?

One tid file containing all the tiddlers ? This is a multids file that it is very similar to JSON.
One tid file for each tiddler? Then, how should it be managed? One download prompt per tiddler? One zip file containing the tiddlers?

Please note that I'm asking seriously, I want to know what your expectations were for this because I have experienced the same confusion on the past.

Tobias Beer

Oct 6, 2015, 8:43:24 AM10/6/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Danielo,

I want to know what your expectations were

As for me, this would be it...

a multids file

— tb

Jeremy Ruston

Oct 6, 2015, 8:57:08 AM10/6/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Just to be clear, the multids file format is pretty limited at the moment. Although it allows multiple tiddlers in a file, each tiddler can only differ by their title and text, the other fields have to be the same.

There has been some discussion recently about introducing a new file format that permits multiple tiddlers in a file, Tobias can you find the reference?

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Tobias Beer

Oct 6, 2015, 9:09:15 AM10/6/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

There has been some discussion recently about introducing a new file format that permits multiple tiddlers in a file, Tobias can you find the reference?

I think you may be referring to this one...

#1947 allow to save field-values containing linebreaks under node.js

However, I believe we have not touched the topic of multitids in that thread yet,
perhaps boiling down but to specifying a safe-enough delimiter.

Best wishes,

— tb

Mark S.

Oct 6, 2015, 10:49:08 AM10/6/15
to TiddlyWiki

What I was expecting was a single file with a separator between tids.

One tid file per tiddler with each tiddler either being auto-numbered or named for the original tiddler would also work. Having them zipped might be a nice touch.

The only thing I wouldn't expect is that, after seeing a list of 40 tiddlers, only one gets exported. If it was in the documentation, that would be a different matter. But as far as I can tell, there isn't a tiddler on TiddlyWiki.com that explains exports. If there is, it isn't under a title containing the word "export".  I suppose I could write one now.

Thanks!
Mark

Tobias Beer

Oct 6, 2015, 11:41:36 AM10/6/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mark,

If there is, it isn't under a title containing the word "export".

It might indeed be non-existent.

I'm also not seeing any "Toolbars" tiddler
explaining how toolbars are collections of buttons...
and then perhaps listing or linking to further details about those.

I suppose I could write one now.

That sounds good. :-)

Best wishes,

— tb