how can I use tiddlywiki5 on tiddlyspot?!

Krishaan Khubchand

Feb 7, 2018, 10:39:19 AM2/7/18
to TiddlyWiki
I've been trying to figure this out for 2 days and I haven't got a clue. The instructions on the FAQ make no sense, nor does tiddlywiki5.tiddlyspot.com -- Can someone please give me a layman set of instructions?

Diego Mesa

Feb 7, 2018, 12:03:06 PM2/7/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Krishaan,

I was in exactly this same boat. This is what I did.

  1. Go to tiddlyspot.com and make a new site ID. This will be your url so choose it well. For example if you site ID is testingsite, you wiki will be at testingsite.tiddlyspot.com
  2. Download an empty from tiddlywiki.com
  3. From the chrome browser (it didnt work for me in FF), open the empty and from the control panel go to:
    • A: Go to Saving-->General and select: DO NOT Save changes automatically
    • B: Go to Saving-->TiddlySpot Saver and put in your siteID and tiddlyspot password
  4. Click the save button on the wiki

This should upload this empty tw5 to your tiddlyspot. Once its on tiddlyspot, I just:

  1. opened my tiddlyspot url from chrome
  2. Go to Saving-->TiddlySpot Saver and put in your siteID and tiddlyspot password
  3. Dragged my local wiki with the content I want to be on tiddlyspot ONTO the tiddlyspot wiki to import it.
  4. Clicked save on my tiddlyspot wiki

And voilà! There it was.

I know it should be simpler, and it probably is. But I spent 20 min trying to get it to work the other day, and these are the only steps that worked for me.

Best,

Diego

Krishaan Khubchand

Feb 9, 2018, 3:15:48 PM2/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
Diego, the instructions were amazing -- Thanks a ton, everything ended up working really well - have an awesome weekend :D

Mat

Feb 10, 2018, 9:57:51 AM2/10/18
to TiddlyWiki
Krishaan, great you got help! May I ask at what step you got stuck/confused with tiddlywiki5.tiddlyspot.com

<:-)