Fix for Firefox Screwup

coda coder

May 4, 2019, 1:42:36 PM5/4/19
to TiddlyWiki

TonyM

May 4, 2019, 9:10:18 PM5/4/19
to TiddlyWiki
Coda,

Is this problem occurring on general release as well?

I won't need my desktop firefox for a few days but I want to be ready for my return in 4 days.

Regards

Tony

Mark S.

May 4, 2019, 9:33:49 PM5/4/19
to TiddlyWiki
By general release, you mean the standard Firefox? Definitely it was on that. The work-around required you to use the nightly release. It also hit FF for Android. But supposedly the fix is in. The fix didn't work for me -- it scraped my extensions completely and I had to re-install everything. YMMV

Meanwhile, I'm trying out Waterfox. It's like seeing old friends again -- oh look! scrapbook works!

-- Mark

coda coder

May 5, 2019, 12:43:01 PM5/5/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony

With any luck, you'll never know anything happened. But it must be said, this was probably Mozilla's biggest ever screwup and it isn't over yet. Temporary glitch it maybe, but that doesn't mean "quick". Reading the bug reports on Bugzilla, there are many subtleties here not evident when they first sent out the fix(es). And droves of people are posting how badly they're suffering as a result. The Firefox twitter feed has dried up, nothing new since early May 4th (despite them singing off with "More to come soon").

For me, the fix I posted up top worked instantly on Win7. It didn't work for me on Win10 - no idea why.

Tor folks should go to the Tor blog. They have an about:config fix which, with caution, you can apply.

PMario

May 5, 2019, 5:10:05 PM5/5/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Folks,

A new version of FF was pushed. So if you go to About: Help you can update. ... After the update my AddOns where back :)

-m