[TW5] Presenting the Clipboard Plugin (public BETA)

Thomas Elmiger

Feb 15, 2017, 7:29:30 PM2/15/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi all,

Inspired by Josiah and David in a recent thread I built another plugin for the TW editor: Clipboard

Feel free to
a) make a backup first
b) get the plugin from http://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html#%24%3A%2FControlPanel:%5B%5BGet%20More%20Plugins%5D%5D%20%24%3A%2FControlPanel
c) give it a try and send some feedback :)

In the settings you are able to …

Show/Hide Clipboard Fields

Editor Toolbar: Activate Buttons for the Clipboard

Editor Title: Show Copy-Button

Have fun, but remember: this is a beta => no warranties!
Thomas

Mat

Feb 16, 2017, 3:02:29 AM2/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for creating stuff Thomas!!! :-D

Could you just add a few words about what the Clipboard is supposed to achieve? I read the thread you refer to but it is a not quite clear plus if someone visits your site with the plugins they will probably not see the discussion reference. Perhaps a 2-3 sentence description either on your site or as a readme tiddler in the plugin?

BTW, in case you didn't know and because you're quickly becoming one of the prominent plugin makers; A shadow tiddler titled $:/...path../readme (note all lower case "readme") will have its contents shown automatically in the plugin library when you expand the plugin dropdown.

Keep it up amigo!

<:-)

Douglas Counts

Feb 16, 2017, 4:24:40 AM2/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Thomas,

I looked at your website to see your plugin in action.  I have perceived that I can copy the title of a tiddler being edited by clicking the button next to the title, but what else does the plugin do?

I like how you can copy a title more easily, but does the plugin do more that I cannot grasp at the moment?

Thank you,

-Doug

Thomas Elmiger

Feb 16, 2017, 6:03:04 AM2/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
O.k. Well, it must be an alpha version then :–/

I’ll fix a bug concerning titles with spaces and add some documentation.

Thank you for the feedback!
Thomas

David Gifford

Feb 16, 2017, 6:50:35 AM2/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
Looks interesting, Thomas! Glad to have been part of your inspiration.

Thomas Elmiger

Feb 16, 2017, 4:04:59 PM2/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi again!

The bug is gone, many changes were made and the readme is long ;–)
=> Plugin-link

Here is the readme for you, have fun!
Thomas

===

Clipboard Plugin

This plugin adds some handy elements to the editor interface of TiddlyWiki. Up to …

  • two additional fields to store universally accessible information
  • five editor toolbar buttons (with friendly background color)
  • a copy-title button.

Via the plugin’s settings you have full control over all elements, so you can use a selection that fits in your workflow. Now see what they can do for you!

Clipboard Field

Below the tags of the tiddler you can access the Clipboard. Here you store information you wish to access from other tiddlers you will edit later. This field is like a window to another independent tiddler: the clipboard tiddler. It is saved whenever the wiki is saved. It’s content can be inserted in the tiddlers text by clicking a button (see below).

Title Clipboard Field

Here you can store – well, the title of a tiddler. You can insert it in any other tiddler you edit later on with the click of a single button – as a link or as a transclusion (see below).

Copy-Title Button

Next to the title input field resides a button that copies the title of your draft to the Title Clipboard.

Editor Toolbar Buttons

Show up to five buttons in the editor toolbar:

  • Show/Hide clipboard fields
  • Show/Hide clipboard preview: if you have stored a transclusion in your Clipboard, this button will produce a preview of the rendered content. Maybe you want to copy from there? Ort try to transclude {{$:/AdvancedSearch}} in the Clipboard. Very useful.
  • Insert text from clipboard: transfers the Clipboard’s content to the position of the cursor in the editor.
  • Insert clipboard title as link: puts the content of the Title Clipboard in double square brackets and places the result at the cursor position.
  • Insert clipboard title as transclusion: the same as above, but with curly brackets.

Tips for Advanced Users

  • Want to test a filter? Put {{$:/AdvancedSearch}} in your clipboard and use the fully functional preview. No need to leave your workspace.
  • Want to see the source (wikitext) of another tiddler? Put an <$edit-text …/> widget in the clipboard and preview …
  • Would you rather have a preview of your work as an overlay instead of side-by-side? Write {{Draft of 'Your Tiddler Title'}} in the clipboard – et voilà!

Mat

Feb 16, 2017, 6:27:21 PM2/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
two additional fields to store universally accessible information

Ahaaah! That can be useful! And funny how the normally annoying "feature" that content in unsaved fields are seen in all open edit-mode tiddlers is used constructively here!

Thanks Thomas!!!

<:-)