Investigation: Lightboxes in TW?

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 14, 2017, 6:25:32 AM7/14/17
to TiddlyWiki
This is an initial query about lightboxes in TW.

I am trying to find demos of "lightboxes" (foregrounded image viewers) in TW that have been made. I have seen one by Tobias Beer that is in the right kind of direction, using modals, but its under-featured for what I need.

I have a project I could use them for.

But before I get to the details I think I need to better know what has been done already so I'm not creating unneeded work, or asking redundant questions.

So: Do any of you know what has been done and where to find it?

Best wishes
Josiah

PMario

Jul 14, 2017, 11:47:36 AM7/14/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi TT,

Should it be a lightbox only, or should there be the standard "writer" interface too. ... I personally don't like popups and modals. IMO they waste screen real estate. Images, videos, .. should be full-screen with minimal UI, even in a TW.

I'm thinking about stuff like these:

 - https://tympanus.net/Tutorials/CSSMaskTransition/  ... latest browsers only ... I love demo2 and 3
 - https://tympanus.net/Tutorials/TiltedContentSlideshow/
 - https://tympanus.net/Development/ScatteredPolaroidsGallery/

The problem with those examples is. You still need perfect images, to make the effects shine ;) and for TW we'd need to make everything dynamic. So basically implement it from scratch. ... But I like the animations for about 20 minutes ;)

So if you want to work with it, I'd use much less bells and whistles.

have fun!
mario

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 14, 2017, 12:19:56 PM7/14/17
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao PMario

Good questions.

Its image centric. I don't really care whether its a floating Lightbox. But the aesthetics matter. I need all "furniture" out of the way. And its got to be adaptive to screen sizes.

FYI, the images themselves are all the same size. And they are all portrait. That simplifies the aim a bit.

Thanks for the links. I will look.

Best wishes
Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Jul 14, 2017, 12:32:27 PM7/14/17
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao PMario

Tx. The three demos at  https://tympanus.net/Tutorials/CSSMaskTransition/  are superb, even with "You're seeing a fallback because your browser does not support CSS Masks." That design won't work, unfortunately for my needs, because it fills the screen by clipping.

The images I want to show should not be clipped. I need a solution that optimally fits the image to the viewport.

Josiah