[Plugin] XML for Tiddlywiki!! Import, parse, render, and more!

275 de afișări
Accesați primul mesaj necitit

Flibbles

necitită,
13 mai 2020, 09:58:4613.05.2020
– tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Name: tw5-xml
Version: 1.0.0

Check it out! It lets you:
  • Import and export XML, including bundled XML archives including multiple tiddlers.
  • It renders XML tiddlers, and integrates with the tiddlywiki syntax highlighting plugin. It can also render through templates instead using XML processing instructions.
  • Lets you parse XML, HTML, and SVG using the <$xpath> and <$xselect> widgets, which use XPath and CSS selectors to navigate your tiddlers
  • Also comes with the [xpath[]] and [xselect[]] filter operators.

You can use it to:
  • Extract data from your SVG images, or HTML tiddlers, or any kind of XML-related documents
  • Use XML for super-data tiddlers. Step aside, dictionary tiddlers. Your days are over.
  • Auto-transform XML into user-readable data just like with XSLT, but without all the horrors of using XSLT!!

Let me know your thoughts. This is the first release version of tw5-xml, but don't let that scare you. It's well tested. If do encounter any problems, please let me know.

I'd like this to be the go-to comprehensive XML solution, so if there are XML tricks you want Tiddlywiki to do, and this doesn't really help, let me know.

-Flibbles

Edit: Of course, I forgot to mention all the wonderful people in this community who gave me early feedback on this plugin. Thank you, TonyM, PMario, Xavier, and all the others on the discussion thread

TonyM

necitită,
13 mai 2020, 10:10:0013.05.2020
– TiddlyWiki
Flibbes,

A Powerful extension for sure. Many of us will not be so familiar with XML in the first place. Can you give us a primer on the demo site, at least to leverage this plugin or provide a reference aimed at new users of xml if possible thanks.

This could possibly have a large audience given the publishers and others in the forum of late.

Regards
Tony

Joshua Fontany

necitită,
13 mai 2020, 12:31:3413.05.2020
– TiddlyWiki
Very impressed!!!

This is going to open up a lot of new possibilities with SVGs, so thanks for those examples. :D Now I need to brush up on my xpath....

Yeah, this will totally allow one to read paths from within an SVG and break them out into their own SVGs... niiiiice.

Best,
Joshua F

tony

necitită,
14 mai 2020, 02:48:4114.05.2020
– TiddlyWiki
>Import and export XML, including bundled XML archives including multiple tiddlers.

Congrats and Thank you Flibbles

xml support is incredible but having it as a format for i/o is frosting on the cake!

Just passed dogfooding test export from https://flibbles.github.io/tw5-xml/
[tag[Documentation]]
to tiddlers.xml and import to testwiki, it works just like any other format!

fun fun!

Best,
tony

Eskha

necitită,
14 mai 2020, 07:59:5014.05.2020
– TiddlyWiki
Hello Fibbles,

While your plugin looks very promising, I have the following error when landing on your demo site:

"TypeError: Argument 1 of DOMParser.constructor does not implement interface Principal."
(Inside the red box "Internal JavaScript Error")

Best regard,

Eskha

Flibbles

necitită,
14 mai 2020, 08:11:5114.05.2020
– TiddlyWiki
Eshka, could you please tell me what browser you're using?

Unfortunately, due to the nature of this plugin, there will be some cross-platform issues I need to resolve. Every browser implements xmldom it's own way.

-Flibbles

Flibbles

necitită,
14 mai 2020, 09:34:0914.05.2020
– TiddlyWiki
Eshka, I found some projects suffering similar problems, and I think I may have fixed it. Go head and try again.

-Flibbles

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

necitită,
14 mai 2020, 14:15:1914.05.2020
– TiddlyWiki
Life saviour!!

Eskha

necitită,
18 mai 2020, 11:03:4318.05.2020
– TiddlyWiki
Hello Flibbles,

Yes, it is fixed (on firefox 60.7.2)!
Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Simon

A Gloom

necitită,
19 mai 2020, 12:38:3719.05.2020
– TiddlyWiki
nice work Flibbles

I use svg a lot and intend on useing x3d xml so I'm hoping this will help

Lets you parse XML, HTML, and SVG using the <$xpath> and <$xselect> widgets, which use XPath and CSS selectors to navigate your tiddlers

I wonder if it solves this issue I have with links inside SVG's:

>>When targetting an iframe from a svg <a> with target attribute, it opens a second instance of the entire wiki inside the iframe instead of just the tiddler that is the href.

see original post with a test tiddler illustrating issue: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/hCmF5n3vO44/3gg6lWQEBAAJ

Flibbles

necitită,
19 mai 2020, 12:42:1919.05.2020
– TiddlyWiki
Please let me know if there are any tool or abilities you feel this plugin is lacking for working with xml. I'd like this plugin to have all the basic tools someone would need.

For one, I'm thinking of adding an <<apply-templates>> macro which will behave like XSLT's apply-templates, only tiddlywiki style.

Mark S.

necitită,
19 mai 2020, 12:50:1919.05.2020
– TiddlyWiki
Posted to tiddly toolmap under:

"Interfacing with, importing and exporting to and from other formats"

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 6:58:46 AM UTC-7, Flibbles wrote:
Răspundeți tuturor
Răspundeți autorului
Redirecționați
0 mesaje noi