open all tiddlers with tag X in story view and sort by date

Willy Tanner

Jan 31, 2019, 9:37:17 AM1/31/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi all

quite possibly an embarrassingly easy to answer question but...

I am looking for a way to have a stored view that activates at a click that would let me dive into a project by opening all tiddlers that have that project tag sorting them by date, thus giving me sort of a timeline of how the project came along.
A filter operator comes close but it creates a new tiddler containing a list of links to said tiddlers. For various reasons, I would prefer to have all those tiddlers open (and only those tiddlers) in the story view.
How do I do this? Thanks

Mohammad

Jan 31, 2019, 11:04:42 AM1/31/19
to TiddlyWiki
This is one solution

  • It closes all opened tiddlers
  • It open all tiddlers tagged with myprj (change it to meet your requirement
  • It uses the modified date to sort the tiddlers in story river.

<$navigator story="$:/StoryList" history="$:/HistoryList">
    <$button class="tc-btn-invisible tc-tiddlylink">
        {{$:/core/images/folder}} Open My Project
        <$action-sendmessage $message="tm-close-all-tiddlers" />
        <$list filter="[tag[batch]sort[modified]]">
        <$action-navigate $to=<
<currentTiddler>>/>
        </$list>
    </$button>
</$navigator>

Thomas Elmiger

Jan 31, 2019, 11:07:19 AM1/31/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Willy,

My x-tag plugin offers an Open All link on the tag pill that could be a starting point for you.

https://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ftelmiger%2Fx-tag:%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ftelmiger%2Fx-tag%20%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ftelmiger%2Fx-tag%2Fui%2FTagTemplate

In the tag template you would have to add your sort filter and remove my reverse[]

Good luck,
Thomas

Mohammad

Jan 31, 2019, 11:37:35 AM1/31/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
This is another solution. If you like to do not hard coded

Title: what you like
Tag: $:/tags/Macro

\define myproject(mtag, msort:"modified", title:"My Project")

<$navigator story="$:/StoryList" history="$:/HistoryList">

<$button class="tc-btn-invisible tc-tiddlylink">

{{$:/core/images/folder}} $title$

<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-close-all-tiddlers" />

<$list filter="[tag<__mtag__>!sort<__msort__>]">

<$action-navigate $to=<<currentTiddler>>/>
 </
$list>

</$button>
</
$navigator>
\end

Invoke it whenever you like as below

For example open all tiddler tagged with `xxx` and sort them by title.

<<myproject mtag:"xxx" title:"Open My Project"  msort:"title">>

Revised!

Willy Tanner

Jan 31, 2019, 3:35:17 PM1/31/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you both Thomas and Mohammad

May I ask you to help me finding my way? Assume that I have been using TiddlyWiki as is until now, so I know very little where additional code is going etc. Do I need to create a system tiddler, or a button? I have been trying to find the information online but a lot of information assumes more background knowledge than I have at the moment.

Can advise me where the code is going, Mohammad, or how to put your plugin to work, Thomas?

Thomas Elmiger

Jan 31, 2019, 4:18:58 PM1/31/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Willy,

Here's a new version of Mohammad's first suggestion: Just
* copy this in a new tiddler and
* fill in your own Tag in the first line where I put $:/tags/Sidebar

<$vars myTag="$:/tags/SideBar">
<$navigator story="$:/StoryList" history="$:/HistoryList">
    <$button class="tc-btn-invisible tc-tiddlylink">
        {{$:/core/images/folder}} Open: <<myTag>>
        <$action-sendmessage $message="tm-close-all-tiddlers" />
        <$list filter="[tag<myTag>sort[modified]]">
        <$action-navigate $to=<<currentTiddler>>/>
        </$list>
    </$button>
</$navigator>
</$vars>

Your new tiddler will be closed after pressing the button / clicking the link. Find it again via search or recent tab in the sidebar.

sent from my mobile

Am Do., 31. Jan. 2019, 21:35 hat Willy Tanner <pri...@gmail.com> geschrieben:
Thank you both Thomas and Mohammad

May I ask you to help me finding my way? Assume that I have been using TiddlyWiki as is until now, so I know very little where additional code is going etc. Do I need to create a system tiddler, or a button? I have been trying to find the information online but a lot of information assumes more background knowledge than I have at the moment.

Can advise me where the code is going, Mohammad, or how to put your plugin to work, Thomas?

Mohammad

Jan 31, 2019, 10:56:09 PM1/31/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Willy,
 Follow what Thomas explained in his recent post. By the way

bimlas

Feb 1, 2019, 1:30:26 AM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
There is an existing plugin to do the job: http://t5a.tiddlyspot.com/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Fajh%2Fopenall

You can try out on the More -> Tags sidebar for example.

bimlas

Feb 1, 2019, 1:45:32 AM2/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
Sorry, just realized that results are not sorted by "modified"/"created" field. You can overwrite the filter in $:/plugins/ajh/openall/template: change "<$list filter='[tag{!!title}]'>" to "<$list filter='[tag{!!title}sort[modified]]'>" or "<$list filter='[tag{!!title}sort[created]]'>

talha131

Feb 7, 2019, 4:08:01 PM2/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Thomas. I really liked your x-tag plugin. I have two suggestions.

1. Open all should be on the top. If I have 50 tiddlers in a tag. Then I will have to scroll all the to the bottom to click on "open all"
2. This plugin should also work in the tag manager

Thanks a lot for your great work.

Thomas Elmiger

Feb 7, 2019, 4:44:11 PM2/7/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Talha

Thank you for the feedback and the suggestions. I will consider no. 1.
No. 2 sounds like a lot of work if you are talking about "the* Manager here: https://tiddlywiki.com/#%24%3A%2FManager (?)

Cheers,
Thomas

Willy Tanner

Feb 10, 2019, 8:03:57 AM2/10/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

sorry for the belated thank you but thank you all indeed.

It is probably difficult to imagine but what is crystal clear for you is much less so for someone doing his first baby steps behind the scenes. Just as an example, I was unsure what the placeholder was that I  had to swap for the tag that I wanted. For example, if I wanted to list all tiddlers tagged "Mathematik",  should the first line in the body of the tiddler in Thomas' example be

<$vars myTag="$:/tags/SideBar/Mathematik">
or
<$vars myTag="$:/Mathematik">
or
or
<$vars myTag="Mathematik">

No amount of googling around would get me closer to the next step.
(the latter I finally found works)

Using X-tags was not straightforward either. It took me ages to find that nothing happened because if I initiate the drag and drop from a Safari browser window, Tiddlydesktop would accept a drag and drop of the plugin but silently fail to import it. I have learned to check which plugins are installed and working in the process and that I need to open x-tags webpage in Chrome at least for the importing step.

You probably cringe at this level of idiocy but I imagine that a fair number of people taking TiddlyWiki for a spin will give up at some point and settle for something much less powerful but easier to make head and tails of.

Don't get me wrong, I am beginning to realise now that TiddlyWiki *is* almost infinitely powerful and that people like you are eager to help but TiddlyWiki would be ten times more popular if one wouldn't feel so damned helpless at the beginning. It is the sheer amount of mini obstacles and perhaps even more so the lack of a vision for the expected outcome in the event of success that makes adapting TW to one'S own use case difficult for a beginner like me (plus trying to avoid sounding ungrateful by repeatedly asking something that should be clear enough).

Where is the "open all link" afforded by x-link now that it is installed supposed to show up, in the side bar or a new tiddler or both? The tag manager looks the same and whilst "Mathematik" does list all tiddlers tagged with it clicking on it just opens an empty, missing tiddler. Is that to be expected or a sign that x-tags is still not functioning?

In Mohammad's example the invoke step is supposed to be happening in a second tiddler, correct? The following is then the body of the invoke tiddler

<<myproject mtag:"Mathematik" title:"Open Mathematik"  msort:"created">>

Both solutions seem to work, which is great, much appreciated.

Once I got my bearings in TiddlyWiki land, I won't have to keep bothering you with such elementary questions or so I hope

Thanks again
Willy

TonyM

Feb 10, 2019, 6:04:19 PM2/10/19
to TiddlyWiki
Willy,

Your experience at the beginning of learning TiddlyWiki is a common one, and something the community is working to overcome. But such experienced voiced help us find better and better ways to address this. I am building a draft document at the moment for new or intermediate users you may find helpful, please provide feedback if possible.

Regards
Tony