Can Latex (Katex) plugin do normal text?

102 visualitzacions
Ves al primer missatge no llegit

JWHoneycutt

no llegida,
29 de gen. 2021, 6:20:3829/1/21
a TiddlyWiki

I have a research fellow who uses Latex to make beautiful documents on a Windows PC using some IDE (Integrated Development Environment).

I would like to know if the Latex/Katex plugin can handle "plain" text (no math or chemistry notation) on my MacOS (10.15) with Tiddlywiki (5.1.23). Taking examples from the founding textbook of Latex: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsh3m6edv09mcuu/Knuth_The-TeXBook.pdf?dl=0 does not seem to work.

1) I copy a block of code into a tiddler

2) Wrap the block inside <$latex text=""" ... """ displayMode="true"></$latex>

3) Occasionally, I get red text (which means I am using an illegal code?)

JWHoneycutt

Jeremy Ruston

no llegida,
29 de gen. 2021, 6:59:5129/1/21
a TiddlyWiki Group
As I understand it, the KaTeX plugin only supports the parts of LaTeX for mathematical notation, and not the full functionality.

By the way, one wouldn’t generally need to use the <$latex> widget directly, instead one can use the $$ syntax:

$$
f(x) = \int_{-\infty}^\infty\hat f(\xi)\,e^{2 \pi i \xi x}\,d\xi
$$
Best wishes

Jeremy.

Ste

no llegida,
31 de gen. 2021, 7:18:1731/1/21
a TiddlyWiki
A full list of supported katex functions can be found here

If you want to use latex without the hassle of installing can I suggest overleaf.com

On the subject of KaTeX... Jeremy... can you update the plunging to the latest version pleeeeeaaase?

Ste

Jeremy Ruston

no llegida,
31 de gen. 2021, 10:19:5231/1/21
a TiddlyWiki Group
Hi Ste

On 31 Jan 2021, at 12:18, Ste <needco...@gmail.com> wrote:

On the subject of KaTeX... Jeremy... can you update the plunging to the latest version pleeeeeaaase?

Thanks for the prompt. I’ve updated the plugin to KaTeX v0.12.0 here:

You can try it out here:

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Ste