April Mackenzie is looking for a place in Oxford (England)

TiddlyTweeter

Sep 21, 2020, 12:37:51 PM9/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
She writes me ...

As I get older I'd like to live near The Founder for a while.
TiddlyWiki is most interesting.

My third daughter, Felice, is a computer scientist. She encouraged me.

It would not be stalking JR, just honor.

Are there decent cheapish places in the area to lodge in?

 Yours, as ever, April

Suggestions can be sent to me privately to forward to April.
TT

Ste

Sep 21, 2020, 2:52:18 PM9/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Speaking of "The Founder.' he's been uncharacterisicly quiet for a while or have I just missed his replies?
You ok Jeremy?

To answer April's question decent and cheap in Oxford is something of an oxymoron :)

Jeremy Ruston

Sep 21, 2020, 4:30:17 PM9/21/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ste and TT. After recovering from the bad bit of COVID in June I've had a couple of minor relapses which suggest that I might have a degree of "long COVID". Definitely not as bad as some of the stories I have read, and I'm learning to manage it. I've been working away on Federatial client work and on TW5 (see https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/commits/master and associated GitHub threads). Most importantly, I was able to spend plenty of time over the summer with friends and family, making the most of the opportunity before things get difficult again.

As to moving to Oxford, I warmly encourage it! It's a glorious city that is functionally a suburb of London while being riddled with rivers and green spaces.

Best wishes

Jeremy

On 21 Sep 2020, at 19:52, Ste <needco...@gmail.com> wrote:

Speaking of "The Founder.' he's been uncharacterisicly quiet for a while or have I just missed his replies?

Ste

Sep 21, 2020, 6:16:49 PM9/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Glad to hear your doing mostly ok. Hope you continue to recover. I'm sure April is pleased too :D.

TiddlyTweeter

Sep 24, 2020, 1:30:05 PM9/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Jeremy

"Long COVID" is a phrase that, pinpoints something real. Real, but something not yet well understood. Personally I seen it in a friend. It, in him, is recurrent neurological issues.

So long as in remissions you get a bit better each cycle it seems to relent ... hope so.

Best wishes
TT

TW Tones

Sep 24, 2020, 7:12:35 PM9/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
TT,

From the beginning of Covid I criticised the news and authorities for suggesting its and old an compromised persons problem. No  one many younger people have not taken it seriously.

The truth is Covid-19 or SARS2 was not known to human kind, until less than a year ago. Only fools speak with certainties they have no experience of.

It is coming to be known even the young can suffer serious long term issues. This possibility should have being at the forefront of public information from the beginning.

Regards
Tones