Concentrichron: a clock and calendar made of concentric rings

Diego Mesa

Mar 16, 2020, 7:29:51 PM3/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello all,

I thought you might enjoy this interesting clock/calendar

Clock/calendar:

explanation:

a cleverer person could maybe figure out how to put it in TW!

Mohammad

Mar 17, 2020, 2:44:21 AM3/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
Absolutely amazing!

Thanks Diego

--Mohammad

A Gloom

Mar 17, 2020, 2:59:53 AM3/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
Yes it is amazing-- giving me ideas... (though unfortunately I don't know js macros well enough to implement that script running it)

Sjaak Adriaanse

Mar 17, 2020, 5:04:31 AM3/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
Absolutely stunning!

Suggestion: make the hour ring stand out in some way and make the marks between the hours a bit thicker. This makes it easier to use the Concentrichon as an analog clock.

Greetings,
Sjaak

PMario

Mar 17, 2020, 7:44:30 AM3/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,
A very interesting concept. It uses an SVG and just a little bit of JS to rotate it. ... I think it would be a nice experiment with "variable fonts with SVG"

The tweets are also interesting, they described, how it was created. ... I think one couldn't make it much more complicated to get the SVG.

I personally would invert the order, remove the "seconds" ring and change the update speed. ... ON my screen, in fullscreen mode, the seconds are a bit jumpy. .. So IMO the SVG should be simplified too, to increase performance.

Updating the hour up to Year elements in an 32ms interval is a complete waste of time. IMO the hour is fine with 1 min update, day related can be updated per hour and the rest can be calculated once a day, or if the element is initialized.

With TW we would also have the possibility to dynamically create the SVG, so it could display all sorts of additional things. eg: upcoming events as part of the hour ring. ... and so on.

just some brainstorming
have fun!
mario

springer

Mar 17, 2020, 8:46:20 AM3/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
That somebody put this together makes me so happy! (Though it's slightly disturbing that the year ring does not render as a spiral, and has no visual stopper between 2029 and 2020. Small stuff.)