[TW5] plugins "FontAwesome" und "ThirdFlow" updated

TheDiveO

Feb 23, 2017, 12:33:48 PM2/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
After a long time away from TW5 I've finally managed to update my two plugins so they work with the recent TW5 version 5.1.13:
  • the FontAwesome plugin now embedds font version 4.7.0 of the incredibly useful "Font Awesome". Plugin download: http://thediveo.github.io/TW5FontAwesome/ -- if you know FontAwesome then you'll probably know what to do with this plugin.
  • the ThirdFlow plugin now works with TW 5.1.13 again, after I've added a missing sync adaptor method. Plugin download: http://thediveo.github.io/ThirdFlow/ -- this plugin helps with developing TW5 plugins mainly from inside a TiddlyWiki itself.
    • a local nodejs-based TW5 server neatly arranges your plugin tiddlers in folders, so you don't end up with a flat mess of source tiddlers you need to put into your source control system.
    • a release script creates either just your plugin as a single .tid file for simple import, or a demo TW5 including your shiny plugin.
    • a sidebar view offers a concise view on just your plugins as well as their contents.
Admittedly, I can't promise to have much time to work on and maintain these plugins in the future, I've upgraded them, so I can use them for my own work. Of course, pull requests are always appreciated.

Josiah

Feb 23, 2017, 1:49:23 PM2/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
Stuff like this deserves UPvotes :-).

Josiah, x

Mat

Feb 23, 2017, 4:07:42 PM2/23/17
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for sharing!  It is probably great stuff but this is how the fontawesome demo looks for me on FF win10

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Mat

Feb 23, 2017, 4:21:49 PM2/23/17
to TiddlyWiki

Even the illustrations are cool!

<:-)

TheDiveO

Feb 24, 2017, 1:16:14 AM2/24/17
to TiddlyWiki
Looks like the embedded font isn't properly used. I tested with FF on Win8.1. Do you have a recent FF version installed?

Mat

Feb 24, 2017, 1:40:56 AM2/24/17
to TiddlyWiki
On Friday, February 24, 2017 at 7:16:14 AM UTC+1, TheDiveO wrote:
Looks like the embedded font isn't properly used. I tested with FF on Win8.1. Do you have a recent FF version installed?

FF latest version. Same non-result when testing on Chrome latest and Edge (probably latest).  Also tried downloading and looking at local, but same non-result.

Win10 latest and guess the laptop is maybe 1 year old.

Nobody else experiencing problems to see the special fonts on http://thediveo.github.io/TW5FontAwesome/output/fontawesome.html ?

Again, thank you TheDiveO

<:-)

Dragon Cotterill

Feb 24, 2017, 3:54:45 AM2/24/17
to TiddlyWiki

On Friday, 24 February 2017 06:40:56 UTC, Mat wrote:
Nobody else experiencing problems to see the special fonts on http://thediveo.github.io/TW5FontAwesome/output/fontawesome.html ?

Failures on FF, Chrome, IE and Opera (all latest versions) running on Win 8.1.

TheDiveO

Feb 24, 2017, 11:35:55 AM2/24/17
to TiddlyWiki
 It's an font embedding problem of my plugin. I'm seeing it also on FF on Android. I'll look into the issue. I suspect the base64 encoding was transferred incorrectly into the CSS tiddler.

TheDiveO

Feb 24, 2017, 12:48:15 PM2/24/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
The FontAwesome plugin should be fixed now and correctly show the symbol glyphs. GitHub pages are updated with both the stand-alone plugin .tid as well as the demonstration TiddlyWiki.

One caveat I only found out now: if you have installed Font Awesome also locally on your system, then this local font will take precedence (urgh). It seems there is nothing I can do here ... except renaming the embedded font, something I don't want to do.

So, please excuse the hiccup with the first update going south.

TheDiveO

Feb 24, 2017, 3:54:55 PM2/24/17
to TiddlyWiki

On Friday, February 24, 2017 at 6:48:15 PM UTC+1, TheDiveO wrote:
One caveat I only found out now: if you have installed Font Awesome also locally on your system, then this local font will take precedence (urgh). It seems there is nothing I can do here ... except renaming the embedded font, something I don't want to do.

That's also fixed now: the embedded font always take precedence. Turns out that the CSS contained an unnecessary local() declaration that triggered a local font to take precedence, when we want that to happen.