personal help?

Andrew Paul

Aug 4, 2021, 7:26:42 PM8/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
If I have trouble locating and naming my technical troubles, can this google group help? It seems personal support is not offered for many free less common web notebooks?

Eric Shulman

Aug 4, 2021, 7:48:52 PM8/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 4:26:42 PM UTC-7 jamm...@gmail.com wrote:
If I have trouble locating and naming my technical troubles, can this google group help? It seems personal support is not offered for many free less common web notebooks?

I have been administrator of this group for over 15 years, and I have always encouraged people to be helpful, especially when it comes to new users of TiddlyWiki.

Unlike other groups where the "experts" can sometimes be rather snarky and even somewhat rude to new users, I think you will find that this group -- and TiddlyWiki users in general -- are perhaps among the most helpful group of people you will find for ANY software out there.

Not only are they happy to offer solutions when they can, but they will often help guide you to asking the right questions.

So.... WELCOME!... you've come to the right place!

-e
Eric Shulman
ELS Design Studios - "Intuitive Interfaces for Intelligent Interaction"
TiddlyTools.com: "Small Tools for Big Ideas!" (tm)

TW Tones

Aug 4, 2021, 8:39:19 PM8/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
Jamm?

I second Erics comment, and we know because we are amongst a few dozen regular contributors. "Direct from the horse's mouth" as they say.

Some times when people use what they think is a technical name they make it harder. Plane language can be the best way to ask questions to start with.

Regards
Tones

Aug 5, 2021, 6:10:00 AM8/5/21
to TiddlyWiki
The subreddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/TiddlyWiki5/ isn't half bad either but this group is indeed fabulous for tenderfoots like us.

++

Aug 5, 2021, 6:12:15 AM8/5/21
to TiddlyWiki
(A huge collective thanks to all of you here by the way!! 95% of my problems get solved by browsing through the very helpful threads that have accumulated over the years.)

PMario

Aug 5, 2021, 7:36:19 AM8/5/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,
As Tones wrote. Just use your own words to describe, what you want to achieve. ... It doesn't need to be TW wikitext or the like. IMO it's enough if you use: "If this xxxx than that yyyy should happen" .. Or

show us some examples what you have and tell us what you want ...

have fun!
Mario