Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

mervin mecklenburg

ongelezen,
11 aug 2019, 18:17:0211-08-2019
aan TiddlyWiki
I have a problem with upgrading one of my wikis.  I have several wikis, the others upgrade ok.  However, I have been unable to upgrade my largest, most important wiki for several upgrades.  The problem precedes the most recent upgrade, which occurred this week.

Here is what happens when I attempt to upgrade.  I download the upgrade mechanism from https://tiddlywiki.com/upgrade.html and pull in the wiki, as is required.  The mechanism appears to process the wiki, as it should, But instead of providing a list of tiddlers, it returns the tittle of the entire Tiddlywiki file.  So, the mechanism appears to handle the entire tiddlywiki as a single tiddler, and the upgrade fails.

I provide the following additional information in the hopes that it helps someone devise a solution.  The wiki in question is encoded with version 5.1.16.  However, the difficulty arose under a previous version.  The current tiddlywiki file came into existence after I created a workaround that extended the same functionality I enjoyed under the version previous to 5.1.16 to the current file.  The workaround involved creating a new tiddlywiki, under version 5.1.16, and then gradually transferring the tiddlers of the old tiddlywiki to the newly created wiki.  I can use the same process with the current upgrade.  However, as you can guess, I would rather the file I now have upgrade as it should.

I have tried deleting all of the overwritten tiddlers within the wiki.  This does nothing to change the behavior that I describe above.  Has anyone experienced this with their own work, and can anyone think of a way to address this issue?

I would be grateful for any response that you give.

Merv

coda coder

ongelezen,
12 aug 2019, 17:27:3312-08-2019
aan tiddl...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 5:17:02 PM UTC-5, mervin mecklenburg wrote:

Here is what happens when I attempt to upgrade.  I download the upgrade mechanism from https://tiddlywiki.com/upgrade.html and pull in the wiki, as is required.  The mechanism appears to process the wiki, as it should, But instead of providing a list of tiddlers, it returns the tittle of the entire Tiddlywiki file.  So, the mechanism appears to handle the entire tiddlywiki as a single tiddler, and the upgrade fails.

It's a bug I noticed a while back. Does it look like this?

In my case, as you can see, my file does not have an extension. If I add the .html extension, it works fine.

mervin mecklenburg

ongelezen,
13 aug 2019, 10:04:3713-08-2019
aan TiddlyWiki
Brilliant! Such a simple solution to a problem that was very aggravating.  Thank you.
Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden
Doorsturen
0 nieuwe berichten