Tools for testing responsive TiddlyWiki designs

Charlie Veniot

Jun 12, 2021, 11:38:42 AM6/12/21
to TiddlyWiki
G'day,

Easy enough to find smartphone simulators/emulators out there on the web to do some testing.

A quick look found me this one:  https://mobilemoxie.com/tools/mobile-page-test/

If you know of any related goodies, please share ?

Eric Shulman

Jun 12, 2021, 12:42:25 PM6/12/21
to TiddlyWiki
On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 8:38:42 AM UTC-7 cj.v...@gmail.com wrote:
Easy enough to find smartphone simulators/emulators out there on the web to do some testing.
If you know of any related goodies, please share ?

Using Chrome:

1) Open Developer Tools window (ctrl-shift-I)
2) Toggle Device Menu (ctrl-shift-M or 2nd icon in top menu bar)

The browser window changes to show the Device Menu and resize the document "viewport" to fit various device sizes

* Use "Responsive" dropdown list to select from some common devices... choose "edit..." to add other pre-defined devices or define your own custom device
* Use input fields provided in the device menu to hand-enter custom device dimensions
* Use "Percentage" dropdown to select current device "zoom" level or toggle "Auto-adjust zoom"
* Use "Throttling" menu to adjust display performance (no throttling, mid-tier mobile, low-end mobile, or offline)
* Click "rotate" icon to switch display mode between portrait (vertical) and landscape (horizontal)
* Click on hot zones in bar below Device Menu to quickly switch device pixel width (from "Mobile Small 320px" through "4K 2560px")
* On far right of Device Menu is "three dots" menu dropdown with more options, including:
   * Show/Hide Device Frame, Media Queries, Rulers
   * Add/Remove Device Pixel Ratio and Device Type controls
   * Capture Screenshot, Full-Size Screenshot
   * Reset to Defaults (resets device menu to default settings)
   * Close DevTools (removes device menu and resets to normal browser window display)

enjoy,
-e

Charlie Veniot

Jun 13, 2021, 12:35:06 AM6/13/21
to TiddlyWiki
This one is pretty nice, but doesn't handle opening tiddlers in new windows:  https://bluetree.ai/screenfly/

Charlie Veniot

Jun 13, 2021, 12:40:46 AM6/13/21
to TiddlyWiki
Just getting around to trying that.  I really like it.  This will be my goto place for responsiveness.  Thanks!  I do very much enjoy.  The heck with those sites I was looking at.

Now the next thing on my mind: testing behaviour of code on browser/device simulators.