Plugin "PopupTagger - TagBar / TagTable": How to show it in the editor view?

Surya

Jan 4, 2018, 3:58:07 PM1/4/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,

because I have really a lot of tags, I work with the plugin PopupTagger - TagBar / TagTable with popup list of tags, which is really great :-)

But I'd like to have it not in the tiddler view, but to see it and work with it, when I edit a tiddler- so in the editor view.

Is that possible and how?

TonyM

Jan 4, 2018, 10:23:20 PM1/4/18
to TiddlyWiki
A quick tip

Just as for a tiddler tagged $:/tags/ViewTemplate shows in the view Tiddlers mode, Tiddlers tagged $:/tags/EditTemplate will appear in the edit view. Look to find which Tiddler popupTagger uses in the view template and add the tag $:/tags/EditTemplate

Whilst not always valid in view and edit mode I suggest testing this first.

Regards
Tony

HansWobbe

Jan 5, 2018, 7:20:05 AM1/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks, Tony, for this and all of your other helpful comments.

I had over-[looked this one in particualr.

Regards,
Hans

On Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 10:23:20 PM UTC-5, TonyM wrote:
A quick tip  ...

Surya

Jan 5, 2018, 7:15:56 PM1/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Tony,

i have tried (to understand and to do like you said), but with no success.

That's what I did:
  1. I opened the plugin. There I opened the content.
  2. I opened all tiddlers listed there:
  1. In all these tiddlers I looked if it is tagged with "$:/tags/ViewTemplate". It was the last one $:/plugins/eucaly/popuptagger/TagBar
  2. At first I added the tag "$:/tags/EditTemplate" and looked in my tiddlers, what changed. It was still shown in the view mode but not in the edit mode.
  3. Then I deleted the "$:/tags/ViewTemplate" and looked in my tiddlers, what changed. Now it was not anymore shown in the view mode but also not in the edit mode.
Did I do something wrong?

TonyM

Jan 5, 2018, 9:42:57 PM1/5/18
to TiddlyWiki
Bettina,

No you did right, and the bar seems not to work in edit mode, it may have, it may need a little Tweek, as in my response on another discussion I will look into it for you.

PS did you look at the bottom of the Tiddler in edit mode?, Feel free to add the view tag back on.

Regards
Tony

Surya

Jan 6, 2018, 6:53:11 PM1/6/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,

you're a treasure- THANKS :-)

did you look at the bottom of the Tiddler in edit mode
Yes, of course. I also tested it with all the choose-possibilities I list in the next sentence.

I forgot to write, that the plugin gives the possibility in the control page to choose with "list after", where I want to have the bar. But it doesn't matter, what I choose, the bar is always in the view mode.
These are the possibilities to choose:
  • $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/tags
  • $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/title
  • $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/unfold
  • $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle
  • $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/classic
  • $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/body
  • $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/import
  • $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/plugin
  • $:/plugins/eucaly/popuptagger/TagBar
  • == none ==
Have a nice day.

Birthe C

Jan 6, 2018, 7:16:19 PM1/6/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Surya,
I tried it too and with no luck at all. When you use popuptagger in view mode do you also experience it loosing focus, when you try to edit the tags? I have to put the cursor in the field for each letter.

Birthe

Surya

Jan 7, 2018, 2:50:50 PM1/7/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Birthe,

I don't need this "Edit tags", but I tested it, to have an answer for you.
Yes, it is the same in my wiki- it looses focus.

Surya

Jan 15, 2018, 2:39:48 PM1/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,

Bettina,

No you did right, and the bar seems not to work in edit mode, it may have, it may need a little Tweek, as in my response on another discussion I will look into it for you.

Regards

Tony

>>>Could you find out anything?

Regards,