Importing 600 Markdown files into TiddlyWiki: how to?

Ivan Ferrero

Jun 29, 2021, 4:45:54 AM6/29/21
to TiddlyWiki
Greetings,
I have about 600 files in Markdown language from my previous second brain I want to import into my already existing TiddlyWiki.
I want each file to be a Tiddler.
There are no backlinks in these files: only text.
How do I bulk import them?

Thank you!

TW Tones

Jun 29, 2021, 9:48:20 AM6/29/21
to TiddlyWiki
Too easy,

But here is one question. Have you tried dragging and dropping you files on your wiki? No - I did not think so?

Or you can do this;

Take a look at Browse Widget
Use the multiple form
<$browse multiple/>

Then click on the button and select one or more files, in windows the ctrl and shift buttons are available to toggle files or select a range.

If the file you import is a JSON of tiddler you get to choose which tiddlers therein to import, otherwise just the files.

Tones

Ivan Ferrero

Jun 29, 2021, 12:05:58 PM6/29/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Tones for your reply.
No I haven't tried drag and drop because of my fear to mess things up.
After your tip I had a try and it works.
Thank you again.

PMario

Jun 29, 2021, 1:08:52 PM6/29/21
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 6:05:58 PM UTC+2 iv...@ivanferrero.it wrote:
Thank you Tones for your reply.
No I haven't tried drag and drop because of my fear to mess things up.

That's the reason why "backups" make me feel good ;)

-mario

TW Tones

Jun 30, 2021, 7:11:59 PM6/30/21
to TiddlyWiki
Yes, Backups!

But another "additional" trick is download empty.html to a scratch folder, drop the files on that, once finished drag export/import the tiddlers to the destination. I use an implementation of JSON mangler in a wiki on Bob.exe for all this conversion work, unless I need to do reoccurring imports in the primary wiki. TWaaS

JSON mangler can import and convert csv, JSON and more and can generate a plugin containing the tiddlers, potentially saving space, especially by not including unneeded data.

Regards
Tones