Adding sources to tiddlers

Message has been deleted

Danielo Rodríguez

Jul 11, 2017, 12:38:02 PM7/11/17
to TiddlyWiki
I do this for all the snippets that I collect on my personal wiki. Basically I just add a source field to the tiddler and I have a view template that displays the source field at the bottom if it exist.
Regards

Duarte Farrajota Ramos

Jul 11, 2017, 12:44:25 PM7/11/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Create a custom field named "source" or whatever suits your needs to place that kind of information in.
Then create a viewtemplate for tiddlers that have that field present so it is displayed along with the text.

Just tag a new tiddler with $:/tags/ViewTemplate and add a filter along the lines of
<$list filter="[all[current]has[source]]">
{{!!source}}

</$list>

On Tuesday, 11 July 2017 17:22:35 UTC+1, Matt wrote:
Hello

I have a number of tiddlers that I need to reference the source of the information that they contain. Currently I have simply added the source to the bottom of the text.

This is OK but I have found in instances where I wish to transclude a tiddler I usually don't want the source to appear alongside it.

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem, or have an alternative method for including sources and references?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Duarte Farrajota Ramos

Jul 12, 2017, 8:20:47 PM7/12/17
to TiddlyWiki
You will have to create a tiddler named $:/tags/ViewTemplate to override the default system one.
Copy from the original to be safe and then edit the list field at the bottom to reflect the desired order.

On Thursday, 13 July 2017 01:08:43 UTC+1, Matt wrote:
This is great thank you.

How would you make the {{!!source}} appear at the top of the tiddler rather than the bottom?

Eric Shulman

Jul 12, 2017, 10:07:52 PM7/12/17
to TiddlyWiki
On Thursday, 13 July 2017 01:08:43 UTC+1, Matt wrote:
How would you make the {{!!source}} appear at the top of the tiddler rather than the bottom?

On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 5:20:47 PM UTC-7, Duarte Farrajota Ramos replied
You will have to create a tiddler named $:/tags/ViewTemplate to override the default system one.
Copy from the original to be safe and then edit the list field at the bottom to reflect the desired order.

It is not necessary to modify the "list" field in $:/tags/ViewTemplate.  Instead, in the tiddler that defines your new template content, just add a field called "list-before", with a value of "$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/body".  Your template content will then appear before the body content instead of following it.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools.com: "Small Tools for Big Ideas!" (tm)
InsideTiddlyWiki: The Missing Manuals

Duarte Farrajota Ramos

Jul 12, 2017, 10:13:02 PM7/12/17
to TiddlyWiki

On Thursday, 13 July 2017 03:07:52 UTC+1, Eric Shulman wrote:

It is not necessary to modify the "list" field in $:/tags/ViewTemplate.  Instead, in the tiddler that defines your new template content, just add a field called "list-before", with a value of "$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/body".  Your template content will then appear before the body content instead of following it.

Ah yes good one, didn't know about that, I never figured what list-before was or how to use it :)

PMario

Jul 13, 2017, 2:44:16 AM7/13/17
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 6:22:35 PM UTC+2, Matt wrote:
I have a number of tiddlers that I need to reference the source of the information that they contain. Currently I have simply added the source to the bottom of the text.

This is OK but I have found in instances where I wish to transclude a tiddler I usually don't want the source to appear alongside it.

IMO there is a problem, if you skip the source reference with the transclusion.

Let's say tiddlerA and tiddlerB have a source. Now you transclude tiddlerB into tiddlerA

If you skip one of the sources, both texts have the same source from A now. ... Which imo is completely wrong.

just some thoughts.
mario

Ste Wilson

Jul 13, 2017, 6:26:29 PM7/13/17
to TiddlyWiki
Didn't Jan do some work on references and sources?