[Macro] Spoiler Text

Tony K

May 14, 2020, 1:48:14 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Building something like "flash cards" I needed to hide a text and see if my kinds can remember it etc...

long story short keeping on using buttons and reveal got tiresome so I did a small macro I called "Spoiler text" that hides a text behind [...] and can be expanded

Sharing it in case it helps someone

Also baked into Drift

Nice day everyone

Birthe C

May 14, 2020, 2:45:53 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony K,

Nice idea! It also reminded me of https://tid.li/tw5/hacks.html#TextStretch Did you know that one? Fun stories with telescopic texts are possible.

Birthe

Tony K

May 14, 2020, 2:49:57 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Nooooooooooo  lol :)

this is so much better than what I did, and I had no idea it existed although I did search ....

thank you

TonyM

May 14, 2020, 4:26:24 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
There have been a few flash card build on tiddlywiki one I liked had animated click to back of the card.

Regards
TonyM

Ste Wilson

May 14, 2020, 4:27:28 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki

TonyM

May 14, 2020, 4:27:44 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
I do like your three dot tonyk

Birthe C

May 14, 2020, 4:55:19 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thomas Elmigers Flippy cards
 Simpler but nice CSS idea from Stephan Hradek http://tw5magick.tiddlyspot.com/ look for Quiz (the tw is before easy permalink)

Birthe

Tony K

May 14, 2020, 5:36:02 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
@Brithe @TonyM @Ste Wilson

nothing new under the sun I guess :) Serves me well for not doing my research good enough

Still not bad for learning though

Cheers and thank you

Ste Wilson

May 14, 2020, 5:42:57 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
No worries. Even doing a bit of research is no guarantee as sometimes you don't know you should be looking at that other thing over there :D
Dave's list is always worth a search through..
https://dynalist.io/d/zUP-nIWu2FFoXH-oM7L7d9DM

Birthe C

May 14, 2020, 5:50:25 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony K,

I like that you are creating you own thing. For use with Drift it is also important to keep it small and fast.

Birthe

TonyM

May 14, 2020, 7:54:03 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
TonyK

You did it your own way and that's what is importiant, the diversity of solutions is fantastic and most importantly you demonstrate how someone can have an idea and make it happen. Even I with more than a decade of tiddlywiki experience build my own things forgetting to search how others may have.

Tony

David Gifford

May 14, 2020, 1:53:07 PM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki