KaTeX fractions look awful when tiddler opened in new window

David Rodriguez

Mar 9, 2018, 3:18:55 PM3/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
Looking at a fraction from the demo for the KaTeX plugin:

Now, open that tiddler in a new window (I do so to print):

The fraction lines are all displaced.

Any way to fix this? Thanks.

TonyM

Mar 9, 2018, 7:22:37 PM3/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
David,

I do not have an answer for this but it resemble a number of other cases where Open in new window is no longer so good at rendering what you see inside the wiki window.

It seems to me that some CSS or other rendering steps are not equivalent in Open new Window.

Do.try and resize the window etc.... to see if the layout improves.

Regards
Tony

David Rodriguez

Mar 9, 2018, 9:12:51 PM3/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
Tony - resizing the window has no effect. I'm seeing subscripts that are shifted as well in my tiddlers.  It's really unfortunate since the equations look so good in the tiddler. Hope I don't have to substitute bitmaps or PDFs for every equation.  Maybe someone else will have an idea.  I'll peek at the CSS.

BurningTreeC

Mar 10, 2018, 3:22:23 AM3/10/18
to TiddlyWiki
@David Rodriguez

try your katex code on the new window on rocketdock.tiddlyspot.com - the one if you click on the rocket
the page has the katex plugin installed and the new window renders is correctly
the answer is within the $:/core/ui/PageTemplate/tw-dock tiddler

BTC

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 10, 2018, 4:59:01 AM3/10/18
to TiddlyWiki
... the answer is within the $:/core/ui/PageTemplate/tw-dock tiddler

Is it 42? :-)

BurningTreeC

Mar 10, 2018, 6:21:00 AM3/10/18
to TiddlyWiki

Am Samstag, 10. März 2018 10:59:01 UTC+1 schrieb @TiddlyTweeter:
... the answer is within the $:/core/ui/PageTemplate/tw-dock tiddler

Is it 42? :-)

this answer is known as universally correct ;)

David Rodriguez

Mar 10, 2018, 1:03:38 PM3/10/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the idea, but it's not what I'm looking for. I want the new window to be clean so I can print it out cleanly.

____________
David

BurningTreeC

Mar 10, 2018, 1:52:02 PM3/10/18
to TiddlyWiki
thanks for the idea, but it's not what I'm looking for. I want the new window to be clean so I can print it out cleanly.

I got that, the idea basically is, to make a button that opens your tiddler in a new window but with a modified  template, that themplate can be clean

David Rodriguez

Mar 10, 2018, 9:18:02 PM3/10/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Funny - I in fact did that already a while ago.  Made a print button in the viewbar of the tiddler and it calls tm-open-window.  I even built a template that put the tiddler title on the top of that window.  But it has the same problem that the generic "open window" command has...equation typesetting is messed up.

BurningTreeC

Mar 11, 2018, 1:48:44 AM3/11/18
to TiddlyWiki
@David Rodriguez , what's your KaTeX plugin version?

Jeremy Ruston

Mar 11, 2018, 5:21:04 AM3/11/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi David
Looking at a fraction from the demo for the KaTeX plugin:

Now, open that tiddler in a new window (I do so to print):

The fraction lines are all displaced.

What browser and operating system are you using? I've been unable to duplicate the problem with Chrome or Safari on macOS.

Best wishes

Jeremy

Any way to fix this? Thanks.

David Rodriguez

Mar 12, 2018, 12:19:44 PM3/12/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Mac OS 10.12.6 (Sierra)

I see the problem on both Safari and Chrome.

My version of Katex is below:

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 1:20 AM, Jeremy Ruston <jeremy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi David
Looking at a fraction from the demo for the KaTeX plugin:

Now, open that tiddler in a new window (I do so to print):

The fraction lines are all displaced.

What browser and operating system are you using? I've been unable to duplicate the problem with Chrome or Safari on macOS.

Best wishes

Jeremy

Any way to fix this? Thanks.

____________
David
Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 9.17.41 AM.png

Jeremy Ruston

Mar 12, 2018, 1:01:17 PM3/12/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi David

Thanks, I think this is actually fixed but not yet released. Please could you try with the latest prerelease?

Best wishes

Jeremy

<Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 9.17.41 AM.png>

Message has been deleted

David Rodriguez

Mar 12, 2018, 1:36:24 PM3/12/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
The prerelease version works fine.  I've successfully upgraded and it has fixed my problem.  Thanks for your help!