Is there any way to export TiddlyWiki to a list of markdown files?

Ilyusha Nicolas

Nov 4, 2020, 5:04:12 AM11/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
I have a html with many tiddlers, with tags and links. I want to find a way to export this html to a list of markdown files such that each tiddler corresponds to a markdown file, each link to X shows up as "[[X]]" in the output markdown file, similarly with tags?

TW Tones

Nov 5, 2020, 1:15:03 AM11/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Perhaps some more information.

When you say HTML do you mean a tiddlywiki?

You can make your own templates and export tool, also now with the recent JSZip plugin you can bundle tiddlers into a zip that you can then expand in a folder.

Where you have seen talk of generating static sites you can follow a similar method to generate any filetype you fancy.

Regards
Tony

Victor Dorneanu

Nov 5, 2020, 2:46:07 AM11/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
I've done this before using these instructions here: https://davidalfonso.es/posts/migrating-from-tiddlywiki-to-markdown-files

The original gitlab repository from David Alfonso doesn't exist anymore. But I've created a fork which you can find here: https://gitlab.com/vdorneanu/tiddlywiki-migrator

I've used this method to convert tiddlers to markdown files which then were "compiled" by hugo (https://github.com/gohugoio/hugo) to some html files.

Kind regards,
Victor

Ilyusha Nicolas

Nov 5, 2020, 3:39:37 AM11/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
I assume in order to use this method I need to

1. Install Node.js + Pandoc

Right?

However I already have VS Code, so can I do this instead

1. Install Node.js + Pandoc

?

Thank you for your time.

Donald Coates

Nov 7, 2020, 5:32:06 AM11/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
wow this is nice thank you!

Altug Ozcelikkale

Nov 8, 2020, 12:17:42 AM11/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
If you don't mind using python, there is also PyTiddlyWiki that can export a group of tiddlers to .md among other formats.

Cyneox

Nov 8, 2020, 3:15:54 AM11/8/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Wow, that tool is awesome. Especially when you use jupyter/ipython. Thanks for sharing.

Victor