Adsense on tiddlywiki...

Ste Wilson

Apr 28, 2018, 1:46:46 PM4/28/18
to TiddlyWiki
Just an idle thought but is it possible to put Google ads in a tiddlywiki in a livable way to perhaps make a little money from a tiddlywiki?

Mohammad

Apr 28, 2018, 2:08:46 PM4/28/18
to TiddlyWiki
Do you mean even in standard edition?

Ste Wilson

Apr 29, 2018, 5:51:06 AM4/29/18
to TiddlyWiki
Yes! Well any tiddlywiki really.

PMario

Apr 29, 2018, 6:16:21 AM4/29/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Sunday, April 29, 2018 at 11:51:06 AM UTC+2, Ste Wilson wrote:
Yes! Well any tiddlywiki really.

Jeremy removed google tracking in 5.1.16, because of the GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation  ... and you want to add adds to give addBlockers more food and slow down the experience even more?

-m

Ste Wilson

Apr 29, 2018, 6:22:15 AM4/29/18
to TiddlyWiki
Just wondering if it could be an easy way to generate beer tokens.
I'll take that as a no then :)
Cheers

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 29, 2018, 7:40:01 AM4/29/18
to TiddlyWiki
I'm sure there is an easy way.

Don't give up yet :-) I'd love to see Beer Tokens on a TW :-)

The GDPR relates most to "third party" advertising--i.e. another site lays cookies. That is different than if you directly advertise where its less of an issue. Over the next few months I'm sure decent solutions will emerge that properly re-balance excess tracking (the problem) with simple advertising (absolutely fine).

Cheers!

Mat

Apr 29, 2018, 9:56:04 AM4/29/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Saturday, April 28, 2018 at 7:46:46 PM UTC+2, Ste Wilson wrote:
Just an idle thought but is it possible to put Google ads in a tiddlywiki in a livable way to perhaps make a little money from a tiddlywiki?

Nobody likes ads but if the option is "no site" or "pay for the service" then most of us do appreciate what ads make possible. So, I think it would be very good with an adsense plugin.

<:-)

@TiddlyTweeter

Apr 29, 2018, 10:17:25 AM4/29/18
to TiddlyWiki
Mat wrote:
Nobody likes ads

I do.

Ste Wilson

Apr 30, 2018, 3:44:12 PM4/30/18
to TiddlyWiki
Well I've kind of answered my own question.
Step 1.
Sign up to Google adds
Step 2
Sell your soul
Step 3
Paste the code from Google into a tiddler and tag it $:/tags/RawMarkup to put the code into the header section and the results aren't too intrusive...

Step 4
Watch the money arrive... Maybe...

Lost Admin

May 1, 2018, 2:38:37 PM5/1/18
to TiddlyWiki
I don't usually like ads but for some reason Google has decided I need to see more ads for low priced VMs. I found out Digital Ocean recently changed pricing as a result. Made me happy.