Post-it Noted

Thomas Stone

Apr 18, 2020, 8:12:12 AM4/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
I am looking for a way to pin a tiddler that I want to reference beside the story river. I am able to right-click open up the tiddler in a separate browser window and use Windows-key Left Arrow to see them side-by-side. I was hoping for something more like a post-it note that floats above the river.

What I came up with is a position:fixed div in a tiddler at $:/tags/BelowStory. It referrences a $:/state/popup/ tiddler for the pinned title, so changing the pop-up reference does not affect the save state. It is the same width as the Sidebar, so the Sidebar is just being hidden when the pop-up is shown. There is a ViewToolbar button named "popup" that does the pinning.

https://www.soyawanna.dev/Browser_Editor/Tom%20TWPages.htm

If I worked to around to append a list of tiddlers, it could resemble side-by-side story rivers. If I change the size / position, I could have several pinned tiddlers floating above the river like post-it notes.

Does anyone know of a plug-in that has been developed to do something like this already?

Birthe C

Apr 18, 2020, 9:10:47 AM4/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
The volant tiddlers might be an inspiration.

Birthe

Mat

Apr 18, 2020, 9:54:05 AM4/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
What exactly are you asking for? What is not satisfactory with the demo you made?

<:-)

Thomas Stone

Apr 18, 2020, 12:33:36 PM4/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
I was just interested in knowing if others had similar needs when using TiddlyWiki and would like to discuss what could turn the concept into a useful plug-in. Or perhaps some have already found more robust ways of handling the problem. Thanks for your thoughts.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Birthe C

Apr 18, 2020, 1:47:55 PM4/18/20
to TiddlyWiki

Ste Wilson

Apr 18, 2020, 1:52:51 PM4/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Birthe, thank you. I've deleted my ramble as you have provided the link to the source of the more literal take on the post it I mentioned. My link rendered redundant. :D