Table problem

paulda...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2018, 7:11:11 AM2/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi all,

Have a real frustrating table problem.

I make a table of data using | | | |
The table appears fine.
Then when I edit it with | | | | the whole table format disappears so I end up with lines of text that are not in a table but have | | | | between them (like this sentence).

Whats happening?
How can I make tables without them screwing up please?

:(

David Gifford

Feb 9, 2018, 8:20:18 AM2/9/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Anything before or after the | | | |, even a space, it will break the table. And if you have anything non-tabley (text, html tags, etc), that will also break the table.

Tables rows need to begin and end with | (that is, with the outer borders of the table)

And tables need to have an empty line before and after.

TonyM

Feb 9, 2018, 10:02:35 AM2/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
They also go funny if you do not have the correct number in each row.

I have started using html table definitions in tiddlywiki which work well and suits my structured thinking.

Tony

David Gifford

Feb 9, 2018, 5:07:24 PM2/9/18
to TiddlyWiki
I moved to HTML tables recently so that I can apply classes (in my case background colors) to rows and to individual cells, something that can't be done with TW tables.

Mat

Feb 10, 2018, 4:21:57 AM2/10/18
to TiddlyWiki
Particularly the bit that David mentions about accidentally having a space character after a | is devious as you can't see it.
Also, good to know; to intentionally use multiple rows lines of text in a cell, use <br>

<:-)