TiddlyMap Feature Preview (Video)

Felix Küppers

Aug 24, 2015, 9:57:30 AM8/24/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi @all,

Here is a short preview video (without audio) that demonstrates some new functionality that will come with TiddlyMap v0.9 (not yet released).

It shows how to create and apply styles for multiple nodes at once using "node types" and defining a "style scope" via filter expressions.

Video: https://youtu.be/DC7r744NCCg

GitHub related topics:

https://github.com/felixhayashi/TW5-TiddlyMap/issues/152
https://github.com/felixhayashi/TW5-TiddlyMap/issues/133
https://github.com/felixhayashi/TW5-TiddlyMap/issues/16

-Felix

Dave

Aug 25, 2015, 12:06:31 AM8/25/15
to TiddlyWiki
That's really impressive!

Do you think you'll ever be able to create tiddlers directly by creating new nodes on the map space (without having to create them separately first before adding them as nodes)?

UBi

Aug 25, 2015, 3:15:05 AM8/25/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Dave,

that's what the green "Add Node" button already does.

PMario

Aug 25, 2015, 3:53:11 AM8/25/15
to TiddlyWiki
On Monday, August 24, 2015 at 3:57:30 PM UTC+2, Felix Küppers wrote:
Hi @all,

Here is a short preview video (without audio) that demonstrates some new functionality that will come with TiddlyMap v0.9 (not yet released).

Hi Felix,
As there is no audio, I think you should at least add some overlay text, that explains, what's going on. ... I stopped to watch the video after 3 minutes.
Why is there no audio?

-mario

Peter Miller

Aug 25, 2015, 4:32:05 AM8/25/15
to TiddlyWiki
I'm guessing that this is just a teaser video. The formatting approach is going to be great for making sense of imported data.

Felix Küppers

Aug 25, 2015, 5:29:01 AM8/25/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

yes, it will be nice to quickly style imports. You can even define styles beforehand and say, a tiddler that is tagged with "Mathematics" shall be green. Then when you import it, it will be green without further ado :)

Generally speaking, it makes sense for all nodes that belong to some sort of category or group. Now the last thing I want to implement before releasing this version is to allow individual node styling that is not based on types (like normal mind map programs do it)…

The coolest part will be that you can use this feature in combination with Rustem's days filter in 5.1.10 to say "display all tiddlers with a due date in 2 days as nodes in circular form, red color and very large". This will make a great organizer tool!

-Felix

Felix Küppers

Aug 25, 2015, 5:29:32 AM8/25/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mario,

As Peter already assumed, it was really just meant as a very simple teaser.

If you stopped watching after 3 minutes, then you missed the fun part :(

Once you extend the youtube video's description, you'll see that it contains an agenda section which points you to the relevant part of the video (04:55).

-Felix

On 08/25/2015 10:32 AM, Peter Miller wrote:

Felix Küppers

Aug 25, 2015, 5:29:59 AM8/25/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

UBi is right. Plus it also works by double clicking on an empty spot in the map.

-Felix

Joshua Fontany

Aug 25, 2015, 4:52:19 PM8/25/15
to TiddlyWiki
Awesome feature. TiddlyMap just keeps getting better. :)

Felix Küppers

Aug 26, 2015, 10:10:30 AM8/26/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

> Awesome feature. TiddlyMap just keeps getting better. :)

Thanks :)

Alex Hough

Sep 2, 2015, 11:26:57 AM9/2/15
to TiddlyWiki
Felix,

I am so excited... when is the update going to happen?
This and the double-click to edit .... what can I say?

Alex

On 26 August 2015 at 15:10, Felix Küppers <felixk...@hotmail.de> wrote:

> Awesome feature. TiddlyMap just keeps getting better. :)

Thanks :)

Felix Küppers

Sep 2, 2015, 1:06:38 PM9/2/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

> I am so excited... when is the update going to happen?

Really nice to hear that you are excited about it :) I am excited as well :)

I already put a preview of v0.9 online but it is **really** only a
preview wiki to play with and I highly do not recommend to install it
yet as it needs more testing.

See this GitHub issue containing the links:
https://github.com/felixhayashi/TW5-TiddlyMap/issues/161

Feel free to test it and if you have any remarks either post them at the
GitHub discussion or at the google groups.

> This and the double-click to edit .... what can I say?

Yes, Danielo's double click also made my day ;)

-Felix

Danielo Rodríguez

Sep 2, 2015, 1:10:37 PM9/2/15
to TiddlyWiki

This and the double-click to edit .... what can I say?

You can go to the other thread and say that you enjoyed the plugin :D

Dear Felix,

TiddlyMap is getting more impressive each day, you're a great developer. I have to agree with Mario, is hard to follow the video. If it is just a showcase I think it should be faster and show only the cool things, not pretend how to use it. And include transitions,  with starts.

:D

Alex Hough

Sep 2, 2015, 1:38:24 PM9/2/15
to TiddlyWiki
Felix,

on the video you are formatting the nodes, and i can see the issue on Github, but I can't find a link to the demo of version  v0.9

Alex

Felix Küppers

Sep 3, 2015, 5:23:08 AM9/3/15
to TiddlyWiki
Much thanks Danielo.

And the next showcase will be better. I promise. :D

-Felix

Felix Küppers

Sep 3, 2015, 5:23:52 AM9/3/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Alex,

ehm... you got the wrong ticket :) In my last answer I wrote

See this GitHub issue containing the links:
https://github.com/felixhayashi/TW5-TiddlyMap/issues/161

-Felix

Rustem

Sep 9, 2015, 7:14:01 PM9/9/15
to TiddlyWiki

The coolest part will be that you can use this feature in combination with Rustem's days filter in 5.1.10 to say "display all tiddlers with a due date in 2 days as nodes in circular form, red color and very large". This will make a great organizer tool!

-Felix

Felix, thanks for the mention.

The "days" filter operator is currently in the pull requests queue. Hope it will make it into 5.1.10. Here's the link, if anyone wants to try it right now:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/pull/1909