[TW5] New: Plugin Library ...for tobibeer/plugins

瀏覽次數:170 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Tobias Beer

未讀,
2016年1月20日 上午11:04:082016/1/20
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi everyone,

You can now fetch plugins and updates from my plugin library.

Technical Details

I can now update my plugin library whenever I build and push updates to my plugin listing. Yay. :-)

Here's the batch script I use for that, located in my tw5-plugins folder:

git checkout gh-pages
git merge origin
/master
cd editions
/plugins
tiddlywiki
--build
cd
../library
tiddlywiki
--output "../../library/" --build library
git add
-A :/
git commit
-m "update pages"
git push
git checkout master
echo
Press Enter...
read
  • I build the tw5-plugins listing in the gh-pages branch
  • when building the library directly to a "library folder" in the root folder...
    • the plugins are read from the plugins directory in the root folder that is, however, not part of the repo
      • the contents of that folder are actually hardlinks / symlinks to the individual plugin folders
      • I excluded that folder via .gitignore since I did not want to the actual plugins to be part of my tw5-plugins repo
        • they already are in individual repositories as you may know
          • so, if you ever have issues with my plugins, feel free to use the issue tab for each plugin repo
  • eventually the changes are simply committed with a generic commit message and pushed to github
Best wishes,

Tobias.

Alex Hough

未讀,
2016年1月20日 上午11:18:012016/1/20
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Good idea!

Thanks Tobias

Alex

Jon

未讀,
2016年1月20日 下午1:22:342016/1/20
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Great, makes things much easier.

Thanks
Jon

Mat

未讀,
2016年1月20日 下午2:40:292016/1/20
收件者:TiddlyWiki
@Tobias

Congrats!

I'm testing it from your site. There is a Reinstall button for each plugin but clicking it doesn't seem to do anything. Perhaps it's only to work if the latest version is not already installed? (Maybe some kind of feedback then?)

BTW, do plugin libraries use iframes or how are they actually connecting to that remote place?

<:-)

Tobias Beer

未讀,
2016年1月20日 下午4:22:062016/1/20
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Mat,

I'm testing it from your site. There is a Reinstall button for each plugin but clicking it doesn't seem to do anything.
Perhaps it's only to work if the latest version is not already installed? (Maybe some kind of feedback then?)

I haven't actually taken a closer look how the core implements all this in every detail,
merely know of the basic process.

What I notices was that using tobibeer/inc to
replace tab contents in a template
ended up breaking the library listing.
So, I made some changes in an attempt to fix the issue:

#2245 retrieves url from connectionTiddler for modal to AddPlugins

While that sure got those plugins back listed,
it turns out the buttons aren't working anymore.
Will need to take another look what I broke there.

BTW, do plugin libraries use iframes or how are they actually connecting to that remote place?

Yes, they do... and all this only works
since the iframed content is on the same server.

Anyhow, as for the plugin library there's some room for improvements.
One being this PR I made a few weeks ago:

provides a "close plugin library" button #2072

Best wishes,

Tobias.

Tobias Beer

未讀,
2016年1月20日 下午4:44:072016/1/20
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Mat,

I'm testing it from your site. There is a Reinstall button for each plugin but clicking it doesn't seem to do anything.
Perhaps it's only to work if the latest version is not already installed? (Maybe some kind of feedback then?)

Glad you gave it a spin and tested right away.
I took another look and It turns out I needed
to fix a second place that I overlooked earlier.

By the way: that issue only occurred on my wiki
with my modified version of the plugin installer
trying to achieve compatibility with tobibeer/inc
or rather with using a global template for the tabs macro.

(Re)Installing plugins appears to work fine now, afaics:

Best wishes,

Tobias.

Atul Grover

未讀,
2016年1月21日 下午1:35:372016/1/21
收件者:TiddlyWiki
@Tobias

Congrats! The next round of beer is on me....

Atul

Matabele

未讀,
2016年1月21日 晚上11:52:152016/1/21
收件者:tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tobias

Nice :-)

Thought you might like to know: the 'appear' plugin seems to interfere with the operation of the simple search (popup only opens if you click the down arrow.)

regards

Atul Grover

未讀,
2016年1月22日 凌晨4:48:502016/1/22
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Tobias,

Is it possible to make tiddler-bundles using JEDs plugin, then make plugin library using your library?
i.e can we install (non-shadow) general tiddler using your plugin library?

Or will the import and extraction of general tiddlers only possible using JEDs method?

Atul

On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 9:34:08 PM UTC+5:30, Tobias Beer wrote:

Tobias Beer

未讀,
2016年1月22日 清晨5:21:092016/1/22
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi Matabele,

Thought you might like to know: the 'appear' plugin seems to interfere with the operation of the simple search (popup only opens if you click the down arrow.)

I thought I had it all covered. Oh, well.
Actually, I think it's a mix between preview AND appear
where the popup closes prematurely thanks to both,
not only one. Need more testing.
Will hopefully push a fix soon,
because that's no good. o.O

Best wishes,

Tobias.

Matabele

未讀,
2016年1月22日 清晨5:28:442016/1/22
收件者:TiddlyWiki
Hi

I had both preview and appear installed -- removing preview did not fix the issue; removing appear seemed to fix the issue.

regards
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄