Showing off: Muuri StoryView 0.2.0 Prerelease

451 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 05:45:5620/12/20
a TiddlyWiki

Hi TiddlyWiki folks,

I want to show you my Muuri StoryView plugin version 0.2.0 Prerelease.

It contains various Bugfixes and can overall be considered more stable

New Feature:
  • Drop Actions: actions triggered when dropping an item from one grid into another grid
    • the actionTiddler and modifier variables are available within the action-string, containing the title of the dragged item respectively the modifier keys held while dragging
Missing Feature:
  • A configuration panel. I'm currently overhauling it.

On the Demo page there's a Sidebar Grid where you can drop tiddlers into. Holding shift while dragging adds a tag to that Tiddler. Holding ctrl-shift while dragging shifts the Tiddler to edit mode.

That's just a Demo of what can be built with the Muuri StoryView.

If we think about it - having a Muuri StoryView in the main river on the left and having one or two Grids in the SideBar with some defined dropActions makes the whole TiddlyWiki a Kanban on steroids :)

As always, I'm open for critics and ideas, just leave me a post

all the best, BTC

Saq Imtiaz

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 08:37:0920/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
Looks good @BTC!

Love the dragHandle support.

In principle I quite like that the storyview gets its attributes/settings from the ListWidget. In practice however this means having to edit shadow tiddlers. I am wondering if there is way around that...

Cheers,
Saq

Sylvain Naudin

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 08:37:4920/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
Hi BTC,

This is great demo. Congrats and thanks for this great job.
I put the plugin on my minstyle wiki that I'm currently building and it fits pretty well.

I have never really taken the time to use and study Muuri.
So I was wondering if it is possible (or already the case) to occupy the space in the first column first and not the second, for example when there is only one tiddler?
That way if I open a second one, it will fit on the right.

Another reaction, I say to myself that I would like to be able to fix a column, the first one for example, and thus scroll through the other columns? This may not make sense, it's just a comment.

Regards,
Sylvain

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 08:42:0520/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
Hi Saq,

> In principle I quite like that the storyview gets its attributes/settings from the ListWidget. In practice however this means having to edit shadow tiddlers. I am wondering if there is way around that...

Yes that's the downside of it - I haven't found another way around it but I'm open for ideas

best wishes

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 08:47:0220/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
Hi Sylvain,

Thank you! I like your minstyle theme a lot as well!

> So I was wondering if it is possible (or already the case) to occupy the space in the first column first and not the second, for example when there is only one tiddler?
That way if I open a second one, it will fit on the right.

If I understand you correctly, you mean the alignment of the tiddlers from right to left or left to right? If that's the case, there's a configuration option. Set the tiddler "$:/config/muuri/storyview/align-right" to "no" and tiddlers will be aligned from left to right.

> Another reaction, I say to myself that I would like to be able to fix a column, the first one for example, and thus scroll through the other columns? This may not make sense, it's just a comment.

Makes sense somehow... That reminds me of the Stroll plugin. But it's not currently possible out-of-the box with the Muuri plugin.

best whishes, BTC

Saq Imtiaz

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 08:47:1120/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
@BTC yeah there isn't an obvious solution that comes to mind but I will think about it.

I considered a config tiddler that is determined by the name of the storylist, but that would preclude two muuri with the same storylist.

Sylvain Naudin

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 08:53:1720/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
Le dimanche 20 décembre 2020 à 14:47:02 UTC+1, BurningTreeC a écrit :
Set the tiddler "$:/config/muuri/storyview/align-right" to "no" and tiddlers will be aligned from left to right.

Yes, this is what I was looking for :)
Thanks,

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 10:17:1420/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
@Saq, right now almost every configuration for the main muuri story (the one in the story river) is done using a config tiddler. Only the connection with another Grid must be done with an attribute on the list widget. I could make that also configurable using a config tiddler

Sylvain Naudin

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 10:18:1120/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
Le dimanche 20 décembre 2020 à 14:47:02 UTC+1, BurningTreeC a écrit :
> Another reaction, I say to myself that I would like to be able to fix a column, the first one for example, and thus scroll through the other columns? This may not make sense, it's just a comment.

Makes sense somehow... That reminds me of the Stroll plugin. But it's not currently possible out-of-the box with the Muuri plugin.

You're right, with Strories plugin, this is what I was in mind.

Since you can also choose our storyview engine for this second column, it's sound perfect (but it's not ^-^', in my test play with Muuri change content from first colums).

Cheers,
Sylvain

Saq Imtiaz

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 10:24:2420/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
@BTC what would be neat is if Muuri looked for a storyViewConfig tiddler attribute on the list widget, and if it didn't exist used a default value for the config tiddler.

Then a layout with multiple stories could just specify a storyViewConfig attribute for each extra stories list view, and if Muuri was used it would be able to use that configTiddler. This way a layout does not need to know if Muuri might be used, and installing Muuri would not necessitate editing shadow tiddlers.

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 10:39:3020/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
@Sylvain,

> Since you can also choose our storyview engine for this second column, it's sound perfect (but it's not ^-^', in my test play with Muuri change content from first colums).

If you use muuri in the second column of the stories plugin, you need to specify the storyList attribute to the list widget so that muuri doesn't change the default $:/StoryList. So if the second column lists "[list[$:/StoryList2]]" you need to add storyList="$:/StoryList2" to the list widget

best wishes

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 10:54:5720/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
@Saq,

> what would be neat is if Muuri looked for a storyViewConfig tiddler attribute on the list widget, and if it didn't exist used a default value for the config tiddler.

that would indeed be neat. should that storyViewConfig be a single tiddler (like a data tiddler) or a namespace?

> Then a layout with multiple stories could just specify a storyViewConfig attribute for each extra stories list view, and if Muuri was used it would be able to use that configTiddler. This way a layout does not need to know if Muuri might be used, and installing Muuri would not necessitate editing shadow tiddlers.

understood, yes that would be great...

In the meantime I've updated the plugin so that also the dragHandle and the connectionSelector can be configured by a config tiddler

Ste

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 11:51:5720/12/20
a TiddlyWiki

Hi.  Was just wondering if the mobile view could be set to toggle between on and two coloumns?

Saq Imtiaz

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 12:39:2020/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
@BTC

that would indeed be neat. should that storyViewConfig be a single tiddler (like a data tiddler) or a namespace?

Hmm. I think I've seen Jeremy mention wanting to eventually deprecate data tiddlers, and using individual tiddlers is the more TiddlyWiki way. So this would mean storyViewConfig would be a namespace. Alternatively you could use fields in the same tiddler for different parameters.

Mohammad Rahmani

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 13:35:2620/12/20
a tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi BTC,

 Excellent job! Muuri 2.0 a Christmass gift ;-)

Best wishes
Mohammad

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 15:07:5120/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
@Saq,

>Hmm. I think I've seen Jeremy mention wanting to eventually deprecate data tiddlers, and using individual tiddlers is the more TiddlyWiki way. So this would mean storyViewConfig would be a namespace. Alternatively you could use fields in the same tiddler for different parameters.

I think I'll go the namespace way. I've already started with it and it's indeed a better way to configure the storyview. Thanks for the tip!

best wishes

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 15:08:2320/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
Thanks Mohammad, maybe it's coming for Christmas ;)

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
20 dic 2020, 15:09:4120/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
@Ste,

> Was just wondering if the mobile view could be set to toggle between on and two coloumns?

I'll think about this, maybe there's a way to do so

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
21 dic 2020, 03:11:3721/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
@Saq, now the configuration can be fully done via a namespace given with the storyViewConffig attribute, defaulting to $:/config/muuri/storyview/

best wishes

Jan

da leggere,
22 dic 2020, 04:11:5722/12/20
a tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,
very beautifull. Great to see how muuri is constantly evolving. The handling is very smooth and logical.
It could be an idea to move the Tiddler-controls to a vertical bar and to reduce the size of the titles gradually while augmentign the number of columns.
Best wishes Jan
Jan

Am 20.12.2020 um 11:45 schrieb BurningTreeC:.

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
22 dic 2020, 13:29:1822/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
Hi Jan,

Thank you!

> It could be an idea to move the Tiddler-controls to a vertical bar and to reduce the size of the titles gradually while augmentign the number of columns.

Yes I was thinking about the vertical tiddler controls. Reducing the size of the titles gradually is a good idea, I'll give it a try!

best wishes

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
24 dic 2020, 08:44:1524/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
I just want to ask the community if you think that the Sidebar Grid shown in the Demo should be part of the plugin and in what ways it could be useful. What do you think?

best wishes and merry Christmas,
BTC

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
24 dic 2020, 08:48:4924/12/20
a TiddlyWiki

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
28 dic 2020, 04:05:3628/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
News from the Demo Page:

There's a full-featured Kanban now, I invite you to try it out :)

best wishes, BTC

TiddlyTweeter

da leggere,
28 dic 2020, 04:23:5928/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
BTC

I love your developmental children.

TT

Saq Imtiaz

da leggere,
28 dic 2020, 04:44:3028/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
@BTC I see potential in adapating the Kanban setup for a more generic multi-column system that could be an alternative to multiple stories for some use cases.

Saq Imtiaz

da leggere,
28 dic 2020, 04:49:4228/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
@BTC I think Muuri is at the moment best thought of as a building block for more complete solutions. I would suggest to keep the plugin barebones. Then you can provide additional features like the Sidebar Grid of the Kanban setup as sub-plugins.

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
28 dic 2020, 04:50:3528/12/20
a TiddlyWiki

@Saq, that's a neat idea. Yes, it would have potential as a multi-column layout maybe, or how do you imagine it?

BurningTreeC

da leggere,
28 dic 2020, 04:54:1128/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
> I think Muuri is at the moment best thought of as a building block for more complete solutions. I would suggest to keep the plugin barebones. Then you can provide additional features like the Sidebar Grid of the Kanban setup as sub-plugins.

@Saq, yes I'll go that way with the plugin

Saq Imtiaz

da leggere,
28 dic 2020, 05:17:1328/12/20
a TiddlyWiki
@Saq, that's a neat idea. Yes, it would have potential as a multi-column layout maybe, or how do you imagine it?

I am in a busy period at the moment so haven't given it too much thought. I think it could be used similar to how Stories works, except you have a flexible number of columns. I noticed that a link a column already opens inside the same column. Another pro is that you can choose how wide each column is, i.e. how many Muuri rows each column has. The only real downside at the moment is that you don't have the normal tiddler view toolbar, which for some use cases is actually very OK. Especially if you could configure a view template through which each tiddler is rendered in a column.

Do note however that it will be a lot easier to add more columns to the page template soon, with a flexbox based layout. So keep that in mind before dedicating too much effort into it. But considering the drag and drop features as well, I think there is something there to explore.

Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra
0 nuovi messaggi