TiddlyWiki 5.1.19 plugin library and IP6 doesn't work

torax...@googlemail.com

May 4, 2019, 3:24:50 PM5/4/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tested the startup of tiddly wiki in the Server-Edition (node.js) also with IP6-Adresses. Well, running on IP4-Adresses I was able to connect to the plugin library.

Starting with a bind to a IP6-Adress like [::1] tiddlywiki couldn't find the plugin catalouge. All entries are empty.

Start-Command was this this on the newest node.js-Version:

tiddlywiki wiki --server 80 "" "" "" "" "" ::1

Cheers

ToraxMalu

Translation German:
Hi.
Beim Testen von TiddlyWiki 5.1.19 mit node.js bemerkte ich ein interessantes Verhalten. Band ich beim Start das Wiki an eine IP4-Adresse, fand er die Plugin-Bibliothek.

Band ich das Wiki jedoch an eine IP6-Adresse, blieb der Eintrag leer. (Siehe Bild)

Aufruf mittel Befehl: tiddlywiki wiki --server 80 "" "" "" "" "" ::1

Cheers.

Jeremy Ruston

May 11, 2019, 12:52:35 PM5/11/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi ToraxMalu

I think that the problem here is that GitHub Pages (where we host tiddlywiki.com) doesn’t support IPv6 (I tested it at https://ipv6-test.com/validate.php).

So, you’d need to host the plugin library somewhere else that does work via IPv6, and then create a new plugin library description tiddler along the lines of the existing one:

Best wishes

Jeremy.

On 4 May 2019, at 20:24, toraxmalu1 via TiddlyWiki <tiddl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi,

I tested the startup of tiddly wiki in the Server-Edition (node.js) also woth IP6-Adresses. Well, running on IP4-Adresses I was able to connect to the plugin library.

<Auto Generated Inline Image 1.png>Starting with a bind to a IP6-Adress like [::1] tiddlywiki couldn't find the plugin catalouge.

Start-Command was this this on the newest node.js-Version:

tiddlywiki wiki --server 80 "" "" "" "" "" ::1

Cheers

ToraxMalu

<Auto Generated Inline Image 1.png>

Torax Malu

May 26, 2020, 1:21:48 AM5/26/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jeremy,

I beg your pardon for my lack of manners. Seems I never thanked you for acknowledging of my assumption.

Thanks for your work with TW.

Cheers

Torax